A bushfire is a traumatic experience, but there is lots of help available to help rebuild your life and your home. You may need help with:

  • finding temporary accommodation
  • insurance and managing debt
  • the coroner's process
  • replacing property title documents
  • dealing with injury or death
  • grief and counselling

The Department of Family and Community Services is responsible for welfare and disaster recovery services. You can contact the 24-hour State Disaster Recovery Centre on 1800 018 444.
You can also download a recovery kit from NSW Fire and Rescue.