Area: 3.78 square kilometres
Map: Gordon map
Description: Located in the centre of Ku-ring-gai, Gordon is the seat of local government, as well as a transport and retail centre. It is dominated by the Gordon Centre, Gordon Train Station, Council Chambers and Gordon Library, which is located in the former Gordon Public School, constructed in 1878 in the Gothic Revival style. Gordon is also home to Eryldene, a historic house and garden, Tulkiyan, an Arts and Crafts style heritage house, and Gordon Golf Course.
Area: 7.79 square kilometres
Map: Killara map
Description: 'Killara' is an Aboriginal word meaning 'permanent' or 'always there'. Major attractions include Swain Gardens and Seidler House. Killara is well-known for its excellent schools, including Killara Public School, Beaumont Road Public School and Killara High School, and also provides many examples of Federation and Californian Bungalow style houses.
Area: 7.51 square kilometres
Map: Lindfield map
Description: Bordered by Garigal National Park and Lane Cove National Park, Lindfield is well-known for its leafy outlook and architecture, from Federation-style houses to examples of Tudor Revival and Art Deco on the Pacific Highway. Lindfield Library is a short walk from the train station.
Area: 10.22 square kilometres
Map: Pymble map
Description: Pymble is named after early setttler Robert Pymble and was a major supplier of timber to the Sydney colony. Pymble contains several unique architectural examples, such as Ku-ring-gai Town Hall, the Walter Burley Griffin-designed house Coppins, and the Sacred Heart Presbytery. Pymble is known for its schools, including Pymble Ladies' College and Pymble Public School, and its nature reserves, especially Dalrymple-Hay Nature Reserve, which is one of the last remaining areas of Blue Gum High Forest. Pymble is also a recreation centre, with the Ku-ring-gai Fitness and Aquatic Centre and Bicentennial Park located in West Pymble.
Area: 4.24 square kilometres
Map: Roseville map
Description: Roseville is the southern-most suburb of Ku-ring-gai and is characterised by Federation-style houses and beautiful tree-lined streets, parks and gardens. Echo Point Park is a wonderful picnic spot overlooking Middle Harbour, which contains sections of endangered estuarine saltmarsh. Ku-ring-gai Art Centre and Roseville Cinema are also popular destinations.
Area: 17.96 square kilometres
Map: St Ives map
Description: St Ives was first explored by Governor Arthur Phillip in 1788 on a scouting trip for farmland. Now it is one of Ku-ring-gai's largest commercial and recreation centres with a shopping village, library, village green, skate park and showground. Surrounded by national parkland, St Ives is a popular destination for bushwalkers. The Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden also provides many walking tracks and education programs.
Area: 22.09 square kilometres
Map: Turramurra map
Description: Turramurra takes its name from the Aboriginal word for 'high hill'. Today, the Pacific Highway and Rohini Street shops are among Ku-ring-gai's busiest commercial centres, with the local library, community hall and garden some of the most popular public facilities. North Turramurra is a great destination for sports enthusiasts, boasting a mountain bike park and golf course together with many parks and sportsgrounds.
Area: 11.97 square kilometres
Map: Wahroonga Warrawee map
Description: Wahroonga means 'our home' in the Aboriginal tongue, and was first settled by Thomas Hyndes in 1822, a convict who became a wealthy landowner. Like Roseville, Wahroonga is known for its beautiful streets and houses, often in the Federation style. Rose Seidler House, Wahroonga Park and the Sydney Adventist Hospital are all located in Wahroonga, as are several well-known private schools such as Knox Grammar and Abbotsleigh.