From Monday 13 February Roads & Maritime Services (RMS) are working with the Council to create additional parking in the car park opposite Stanley Street St Ives. When completed by mid March, there will be an extra 15 car spaces available in this car park.
RMS have advised the Council that they intend to implement a clearway along Mona Vale Road during peak periods at St Ives along both sides of the road. The clearway will extend from Pacific Highway Pymble through to Kitchener Street St Ives from Monday 20 March 2017.
This means there will be no parking along Mona Vale Road St Ives during peak periods. Peak periods are as follows:
- 6am to 10am and 3pm to 7pm on weekdays
- 9am to 6pm on weekends, except southbound between Stanley Street and Rosedale Road which will operate between 2pm and 6pm on weekends
Changes to the clearway including signage will be carried out by RMS staff between Tuesday 14 March and Sunday 19 March during the hours of 8pm to 5am.
The clearway will operate from Monday 20 March. The RMS have advised they intend to tow and fine cars parked in the clearway from this date.
To assist local businesses once the clearway is operational, the following parking arrangements have been agreed by the RMS:
- Extending the council car park on Mona Vale Road opposite Stanley Street to provide an additional 15 spaces
- Installing signage on Mona Vale Road to help customers find off-street parking
- Implementing two hour parking restrictions on Porters Lane from 9am to 6pm every day
- Implementing one hour parking restrictions on Mona Vale Road northbound between Denley Lane and Memorial Avenue from 10am to 3pm on weekdays
- Implementing one hour parking restrictions on Mona Vale Road southbound between Stanley Street and Rosedale Road from 10am to 3pm on weekdays and from 9am to 2pm on weekends
- Implementing two hour parking restrictions on Mona Vale Road southbound between Rosedale Road and Porters Lane from 10am to 3pm on weekdays
- Changing 12 spaces in the ‘Old School’ council car park on the eastern side of Mona Vale Road, and two spaces on Stanley Street to half hour parking. RMS is also working with Council to review the layout of parking in the ‘Old School’ car park.
Enquiries regarding the clearway and parking arrangements should be directed to RMS. Contact the RMS project team on 1300 706 223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.