About the project
Ku-ring-gai Council is developing plans for a new park in Turramurra. The new park at Allan Avenue, is being built on land Council has purchased as part of its Open Space Acquisition Strategy. This strategy aims to provide new open space and other facilities for the community now and in the future.
The new park is designed to serve residents who are generally located within walking distance.
- A playground catering for a range of age groups and abilities
- Open areas of lawn for relaxing and sitting
- A number of seats, a shelter and picnic table
- An accessible path network to link the park’s activity areas.
Community involvement so far
The design for the new park is built on a foundation of community feedback. In 2016 Council consulted the community on what they would like to see in the new park through surveys and workshops. Community feedback was analysed and applied to the design process.
Suggestions and ideas were included where possible or adapted to ensure ideas made it into the final plans.
The following design objectives were developed in response to community feedback:
- Provide a social meeting place that includes areas for sitting and relaxing, play, fitness and informal recreation.
- Create inclusive spaces for a variety of age groups and abilities.
- Retain existing trees and vegetation with high landscape value and enhance the site’s landscape.
Where is it?
View the concept plan and supporting information
Allan Avenue Park Concept Plan (pdf. 1MB)
Allan Avenue Park Arboricultural Assessment (pdf. 8MB)
Have your say
Residents were invited to comment on the proposed concept plan to enable Council to finalise the designs. Comments closed 6 September 2017.
Contact: Nick Brown
Phone: (02) 9424 0916
Fax: (02) 9424 0213
Visit: 818 Pacific Highway, Gordon