In April 2017 Council completed an upgrade of netball and car parking facilities at the Canoon Road Recreation Area located in South Turramurra.
The works are part of planned improvements for the recreation area outlined in the Canoon Road Recreation Area Plan of Management which was adopted by Council in November 2015.
Relocation and resurfacing of car park / netball courts, landscape works, fencing and drainage
The project works included:
- Exchanging the location of 4 netball courts and an asphalt car parking area to improve traffic circulation and maximise player safety.
- The upgrade and resurfacing of existing asphalt parking areas.
- Additional shelters and seating area for spectators.
- New retaining walls, fencing and drainage works.
- New tree plantings and landscape works.
The works addressed the safety problems caused by uneven playing surfaces due to differential settlement, by relocating an existing car park and allocating stable ground in this area for court use. The associated walls, drainage and planting works assisted to ameliorate significant existing runoff and erosion problems. Stormwater runoff is captured in the existing sediment basin that has been upgraded and cleaned for more effective environmental management.
Funding for seating and shelters was contributed by the Ku-ring-gai Netball Association with a government grant. Works were completed in April 2017.
View the Plan of Management
For additional information
Contact: Warwick Brown, Projects Officer
Phone: (02) 9424 0842
Fax: (02) 9424 0212
Visit: 818 Pacific Highway, Gordon