Turramurra's Princes Street Shops receives a facelift
Princes Street Shops has received a $600,000 upgrade offering a better shopping experience and making it easier for people to park, shop and socialise.
The new area offers an expansive paved public area, improved accessibility, much-needed landscaping, as well as creating a new outdoor dining experience with tables flowing onto the street.
The new wide concrete foot paths at the lower level in front of the shops creates more space for shoppers, with the extra space also meaning retailers can show off their products on the street.
Princes Street has also benefited from our environmental innovation – with a sump installed which collects rain water and then automatically waters the trees. Other improvements include:
- New paving, seating and landscaping.
- Wide concrete footpaths at the lower level in front of the shops for pedestrians and outdoor dining
- Garden walls low enough to provide seating
- Garden beds with low shrubs
- Fixed timber seats and litter bins
- Steps and ramps at key locations
- 'Bundling' overhead power lines so large deciduous trees can grow on the upper level for shade and shelter
There are a wide variety of retailers which include:
- Turramurra Vet Clinic
- Turn Around Designs
- Granny Smith
- Woods Quality Meats
- Cordoneys Delicatessen
- Fruit Shop
- Clancy's Supermarket
For more information including design plans and background studies please contact:
BIll Royal, Team Leader Urban Design
Phone 9424 0946
View the masterplan for Princes Street (pdf. 2MB)