Make a difference to your local environment
We are looking for projects that enhance our local environment, engage our community, or solve an environmental problem. The grants are open to groups, schools and individuals within Ku-ring-gai to deliver new ideas or take an existing program to the next level.
$40,000 available for grants up to $5000.
Projects should support:
- Community understanding of the value of the natural environment and local issues and impacts
- Community action that benefits the natural environment
- Improvements to local bushland or the conservation of native flora and fauna
- Sustainable communities - reducing waste, reuse and recycling.
$20,000 available for larger projects.
In addition to the Tier One requirements above, these projects should also provide:
- A measurable benefit to the Ku-ring-gai environment or community
- Partnerships with local groups/people to achieve its goals
- Effectively meet its objectives.
Applications for tier two projects must first be discussed with our team on 02 9424 0819.
How to apply
Use the buttons below to apply online:
Applications close 6 September.
All applications will be assessed against the criteria, by a panel of 5 members. This will include 3 representatives from Council and 2 from the community.
Following the assessment of each application, the successful applicants will notified and invited to receive a dummy cheque from the Mayor at a Council Meeting to be determined.
Projects are generally required to be completed within 12 months of being awarded, however some projects are designed to be delivered over a longer time frame and this should be outlined clearly in the application form. Council reserves the right to withdraw funding for projects not carried out in accordance with the approved application.
All successful applicants are required to complete a project review. This template is a short, easy to complete document to capture the successes, identify learning opportunities and promote the outcomes of the projects to the broader community. Please note that you are required to complete an Environmental Levy Grant Acquittal Form upon completion of the project.
For any questions please phone 02 9424 0893 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Normac Streetcare
- West Pymble Community Garden
- Larkin St Streetcare
- Terrum-bine Reserve Bushcare
- The Possibility Project
- WildThings NSW
- Ku-ring-gai Bat Conservation Society Inc
- Wildlife Assistance and Information Foundation
- Moores Creek Bushcare
- Rofe Park Bushcare
- Pymble Ladies College
- WIRES North Shore Branch
- Junkyard Beats
- Pymble Turramurra Preschool
Stay in touch
Subscribe to the What's on events calendar via email every 6 months
Subscribe to our monthly sustainability e-newsletter