Ku-ring-gai residents are invited to request free home visits for advice improving home energy and water efficiency and also for gardening advice.
Home sustainability assessment/advice visit
Are you interested in improving the energy and water efficiency of your home and reducing your utility bills? We can help you take the first steps with a free home visit from one of our Greenstyle home sustainability advisors. This offer is exclusively for Ku-ring-gai residents.
Our advisor will walk through your home with you asking a number of basic questions along the way about your energy and water use to help identify the best opportunities for energy and water saving. Following the visit you will receive a report from the advisor which includes recommended actions, as well as links to further information.
This free service will include
- A visit at your home which will take 1-1.5 hours
- Energy efficiency advice
- Water efficiency advice
- Thermal comfort advice
- Waste reduction advice
- Analysis of utility bills and potential opportunities for savings
- A follow-up report listing the best savings opportunities for your home with information on how to take the next steps
This service will not include
- Architectural advice or assessment of building and DA plans
- Advice on suitability of your home for solar power or what size system you should purchase
- Advice on which are the best products to purchase
- Installation of any energy or water efficient products
How to book
Our advisors are available for bookings between 8.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday. If you are interested in a Greenstyle home sustainability advice visit, please email or call 9424 0893.
Garden advice visit
- Our resident green thumb is available to visit your home and offer basic advice, including:
- Identifying weeds and effective control methods
- Including more native plants in your garden
- Creating a garden to attract and support native wildlife
- Productive gardening
- Drought-tolerant gardening
How to book
To request a free garden advice visit, please email or call 9424 0893.