Council is supporting you to live more sustainably at home, at work and in your community. Water Smart rebates are available exclusively for Ku-ring-gai residents and enable you to make improvements to your home, school or workplace to reduce your water bills and improve the local environment. Every location is eligible to claim up to $1000, this includes Water Smart rebates claimed in the last five years.
This program is funded by Ku-ring-gai Council’s Environmental Levy.
What can I claim?
| Rebate categories
|| Rebate amount against invoices
|Permeable surfaces (eg. driveways, patios and pool decks)
Up to $1000
|Rainwater tank and plumbing connections - between rainwater tank and household/workplace use (eg. laundry, toilet cisterns and garden irrigation system).
*All rebates will be paid towards invoiced material and installations costs. Rebates are subject to availability of funds. Rebates will not be given to works required for either BASIX or Development Application compliance.
Please see information below on how to apply for rebates on rainwater tanks and rainscape projects:
- Carry out the installation.
- Complete and submit the 2018-19 Water Smart rainwater tank rebate application form. (pdf. 356KB)
Rainscape rebates (raingardens, green roofs, permeable surfaces)
- Complete and submit a Water Smart Rainscape rebate pre-approval application form. (pdf. 267KB)
- We will organise a convenient time to carry out the assessment and grant a pre-approval.
- Carry out the installation after receiving the pre-approval.
- Complete and submit the 2018-19 Water Smart rebate application form. (pdf. 179KB)
- Application forms can be emailed to email@example.com or by post to James Chan, Sustainability Projects Officer, Ku-ring-gai Council, Locked Bag 1006, Gordon NSW 2072.
If you have any questions about the program, please call 9424 0844 or email James at firstname.lastname@example.org