Preparation of work on Ku-ring-gai’s housing future began in early 2019, with the community engagement process set to begin in October. The strategy is expected to be finalised by June 2020.
The 2018 update to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 requires us to update our Ku-ring-gai Local Environmental Plan so that it is aligned with the strategic directions of the Greater Sydney Region Plan and the North District Plan, released by the Greater Sydney Commission.
The process for amending the Ku-ring-gai Local Environmental Plan has three key parts over about four years:
Prepare the Ku-ring-gai Local Strategic Planning Statement to:
- Express the future priorities for the Ku-ring-gai Local Government Area.
- Guide updates to the Ku-ring-gai Local Environmental Plan and Development Control Plan to deliver the priorities.
Prepare the Ku-ring-gai Housing Strategy to:
- Meet the requirements of the North District Plan, while reflecting the priorities and actions of Council’s Community Strategic Plan and Local Strategic Planning Statement
- Investigate, clarify and address how the changing profile of our residents and expected increase in local population will be accommodated by future housing.
Amend the Ku-ring-gai Local Environmental Plan to:
- Incorporate the directions of the Local Strategic Planning Statement and Housing Strategy
- Provide a strategic local framework guiding the delivery of housing over the next 20 years
If you have any further questions please contact Urban Planning on 9424 0000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.