The Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS) plans for Ku-ring-gai's economic, social and environmental land use needs for the next 20 years (2016-2036). This is the first LSPS developed by Council.
The LSPS draws together the priorities and actions from Councils existing land use plans and policies to present an overall land use vision for Ku-ring-gai.
The LSPS provides guidance on
- Location of future housing.
- Future identity and character of local centres - Lindfield, Gordon, Turramurra and St Ives.
- Future requirements for community facilities and open space.
- Future transport infrastructure.
- Supporting the local economy.
- Partnership opportunities with government agencies.
- Managing bushland, biodiversity and waterways.
- Adapting to climate change.
The LSPS also identifies where additional strategic planning is required, such as a Housing Strategy and Retail / Commercial Centres Strategy.
Ultimately, the LSPS will help guide future changes to Ku-ring-gai's planning controls - the Local Environmental Plan (LEP) and Development Control Plan (DCP).
View the Ku-ring-gai LSPS
Ku-ring-gai Local Straegic Planning Statement - Adopted 17 March 2020
Greater Sydney Commission Assurance
The Greater Sydney Commission must advise Council that it supports the Draft Ku-ring-gai Local Strategic Planning Statement as being consistent with the Greater Sydney Region Plan - A Metropolis of Three Cities and the North District Plan prior to Council finalising the LSPS.
View Greater Sydney Commission Assurance - Letter of Support (pdf. 264KB)
Urban Planning Team 9424 0000.