Council has committed to the renewal of Marian Street Theatre at 2 Marian Street Killara. To support the project Council has resolved to establish a Community Reference Committee.
The primary purpose of the Marian Street Theatre Community Reference Committee is to:
- Provide advice and to feedback on the design and management model for the theatre.
- Assist Council in understanding the community expectations for the project.
- To provide community feedback for the planning the redevelopment of the theatre space.
- To provide insights into the requirements of the facility to assist Council in designing and delivering a performance space that best meets community needs and expectations.
- To assist Council in facilitating an informed, coordinated discussion with the community, relevant stakeholders and broader cultural industry specialists.
Note: the Reference Committee will not deliberate on any matters considered as commercial in confidence, which includes but is not limited to financial and economic viability, tender and procurement methodology or evaluation matters.
The committee’s membership will consist of:
- Two Councillors, one of whom will be the Mayor who will chair the Committee.
- Four community representatives with demonstrated knowledge of the performing arts and associated industries and/or relevant cultural and community projects.
It is recommended that two of the community members be representatives of the Save Marian Street Theatre Committee.
Community members - selection criteria
Community members should represent a cross-section of the community with knowledge of or experience in the performing arts and/or cultural industries, and a sound understanding of the objectives of the committee. Members should be able to demonstrate that they value working in a collaborative, supportive environment.
To be eligible for membership community nominees must demonstrate:
- Understanding of technical and/or management models for performance facilities.
- An ability to represent and communicate the interests of the community and associated stakeholders.
- A commitment to attending committee meetings and contributing constructively to the agenda items.
- A willingness to adhere to the Community Reference Committee’s Terms of Reference, Council’s Code of Conduct and operational procedures.
Nomination to the Reference Committee
Nominations closed at 5pm on Friday 7 September 2018.
For enquiries please call Janice Bevan on 9424 0000 or email email@example.com.