In 2019, Council will continue to progress the Lindfield Village Hub.
In 2018, Council established a separate unit within Council to manage the Lindfield Village Hub project and other major projects. This is because these projects require specific skills and expertise relating to the planning and development of major sites.
The Major Projects Unit is separate to the statutory planning function of Council, responsible for preparing the planning process in conjunction with independent authorities including community planning panels.
Master Plan objectives
Here are some of the considerations in the planning of the site we are working on during 2019.
- Council will seek a development partner through a Request For Tender (RFT) process – 18 developers have already submitted an Expression Of Interest (EOI)
- The selected development partner will progress the design of the project in collaboration with the Council
- Throughout 2019, we will continue to feed comments from the community into the design and planning for the community facilities
- A revised planning proposal is currently being prepared for the site. This will involve further public consultation during the assessment period.
2015 - 2018
- Council has had a strategic plan for the site since 2015
- During 2015-2016 Council consulted with the community on the Master Plan
- The Master Plan adopted in 2016 was incorporated into the Local Environment Plan (LEP) and Development Control Plan (DCP)
- In 2017, Council reviewed its strategic plans and policies as part of the Integrated Planning and Reporting requirements
- The Master Plan is now being developed in response to Council’s strategic planning
- In November 2018, new site development scenarios were taken to the community.
You can learn more about the history of this project on the below pages.
Most recent Council decisions