Construction of the park is complete and the park opened to the public on Saturday 14 March 2020.
Following notification from the Geographical Names Board the Park has been officially named as Boyds Orchard Park.
The new park is designed to serve residents who are generally located within walking distance.
- A playground catering for a range of age groups and abilities.
- Open areas of lawn for relaxing and sitting.
- A number of seats, a shelter and picnic table.
- An accessible path network to link the park’s activity areas.
The design for the new park is built on a foundation of community feedback. In 2016 Council consulted the community on what they would like to see in the new park. The feedback provided through surveys and workshops was analysed and incorporated within a concept design for the park. Residents were then invited to provide comment on the design as part of further community consultation held in late 2017.
Suggestions and ideas were included where possible or adapted to ensure the community's views made it into the final plans.
The following design objectives were developed in response to community feedback:
- Provide a social meeting place that includes areas for sitting and relaxing, play, fitness and informal recreation.
- Create inclusive spaces for a variety of age groups and abilities.
- Retain existing trees and vegetation with high landscape value and enhance the site’s landscape.
Where is it?
View the concept plan
Allan Avenue Park Concept Plan (pdf. 1MB)
If you have any questions not answered by this web page, please contact:
Warwick Brown, Project Manager
Phone: (02) 9424 0842
Visit: 818 Pacific Highway, Gordon