Online services

Published on 27 November 2019

women looking at laptop

Pay rates, bills or fines

Please note any credit card payments will incur a merchant fee: Visa and MasterCard - 0.5%, American Express - 1.65%

payment on keyboard.jpg

Pay rates

You can pay online using your credit card or using BPAY through your cheque or saving account.



Food inspections

Make payments  for Food Premises Inspection fees.


Food business

Complete our online form for food business notification.


Mobile food business

Complete our online form for mobile food business notification.


Debtor payment

Make payments for invoices from Council for charges such as Commercial Waste and Venue Hire.


Fire safety

Make payments for your Annual Fire Safety Statements.


Fines and penalty notices

Payment of fines is processed by the State Debt Recovery Office.



Applications, certificates, inspections and notices

Make payments for additional development charges or notices that have been issued.

Waste services

*IMPORTANT: Please ensure your bin remains kerbside (even overnight) and allow two business days for collection or repair to occur. 

discarded household items on roadside 

Cleanup and whitegoods collection
Book your free cleanup online right now.

 garbage bins.jpg Missed garbage collection*

Did you miss a garbage collection or did we miss your bin?


Request a bin or repair - houses only* 

If your bins have been damaged or stolen, complete our online form to have them replaced or repaired.


Request a bin or repair - units only* 

If your bins have been damaged or stolen, complete our online form to have them replaced or repaired.


Illegal dumping

Suspect some rubbish has been dumped illegally? Report it to us and we'll investigate it.


Mobile chipping
We offer a free, environmentally friendly chipping service four times a year.


Vegetation disposal for bush fire prone areas

Council issues a special voucher for green waste disposal from bush fire prone properties.


Mapping and development planning tools


Development Application Tracking (DA Tracking)

DA Tracking is a free service providing fast, convenient access to DA status and information. You can also search for Complying Development Certificates that have been issued for a property.

Heritage-items.jpg Heritage homes 
Search for heritage items and homes listed in Ku-ring-gai's Local Environmental Plan (LEP).
Web-mapping.jpg Web Map

Web Map is an easy to use online mapping service that provides you easy access to property, planning and community information. Examples of what you can access include learning about your property, land parcel mapping and legal descriptions, finding a facility near you and more.


Building and planning


Swimming Pool Barrier Inspection - Section 22D Certificate

As part of the registration process pool owners must certify that their pool barrier complies with regulations.


Noxious weeds - Section 64 certificate

Council will tell you if there are any weed control notices in force that have been issued by us or the Minister that affect your property.

home.jpg Schedule 5, Clause 41 (formerly section 121ZP) Certificate
We will tell you if there are any outstanding notices or orders we have served regarding development or construction matters on a property.
house.jpg Planning Certificate - Section 10.7 Certificate
Details what restrictions apply to developing the property. This certificate is required as part of a contract of sale.



Section 603 Certificate
We will tell you if there is an amount due or owed to us by way of rates, charges or otherwise for a particular property.
house.jpg Section 735A Certificate
We supply information about whether there are any outstanding notices we have issued under this Act for any property in Ku-ring-gai.
driveway-footpath-crossing Driveways and footpath/gutter crossings

Learn about and apply for the construction of a driveway access. 



Road openings

Learn about and apply for a Road Opening Permit.


nature strip

Private use of the road reserve nature strip

Learn about and apply to undertake private works on the nature strip or road reserve.


Building and development


Cooling tower or warm water system

Notify Council of cooling tower or warm water system. 


Applications to Council

apply online

Request for Informal Access to Council information

Apply online for informal access to Council information.


Outdoor dining

Application form to place furniture on the footway for outdoor dining.


Out of hours work

Apply for an out of hours work permit.

Sports or outdoor venue bookings


Tennis court

Make a booking at one of our tennis courts.


Baseball, softball or netball courts

Make a booking at one of our courts for your next game.


Outdoor space or picnic spot

Hold your next party at one our picnic areas at the St Ives Showgrounds or the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.


Book a class or event

adult-art-classes.jpg Classes and workshops at Ku-ring-gai Art Centre
Book your next workshop or semester of art, creative writing or guitar classes.

Library events - adults and children

Our libraries offer fantastic events to encourage your children to learn, explore and grow.


sustainability-events-thumbnail.jpg Sustainability classes

Join the Loving Living Ku-ring-gai community and attend one of our environmental and sustainability events and activities.

seniors.jpg Senior workshops or excursions

You're never too old to get involved in your community. Join in the fun events for Seniors run by Council.


Youth events and school holiday program

There's always something happening for young people in Ku-ring-gai.


bushkids.jpg Bush Kids

School holiday environmental activities for kids and toddlers who love nature.

Repair requests


New footpath requests

Make a request for a new footpath.       


Footpath maintenance requests

Should you see a footpath that looks like it needs repair, we encourage you to contact Council so that we can investigate and repair it or schedule it in future works programs.

 fallen tree.jpg

Fallen tree or branch

Report a fallen tree or branch located on public land.



Animal services 


Register your cat
Your pet cat must be microchipped and registered with Council before six months of age.


Register your dog

Your pet dog must be microchipped and registered with Council before six months of age.



Report a lost or found a pet

If you have lost your pet notify us and we'll flag the animal as "missing" on the NSW Companion Animal Register.



Report a dangerous or barking dog

Dangerous dogs, barking dogs, roaming domestic animals are some examples of animal problems that can cause concern.


Report a feral animal sighting

Species such as foxes and common mynahs can harm native species and become a nuisance to humans.



Online services terms and conditions

Ku-ring-gai Council is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any information, we collect in relation to you, is kept strictly secured.

We do not pass on/sell/swap any of your personal details with anyone. We use this information to identify your specific transactions.

Read more about our online terms and conditions