About the project
Ku-ring-gai Council is seeking community feedback on plans for a new park in Turramurra. The new park at Allan Avenue, is being built on land Council has purchased as part of its Open Space Acquisition Strategy. This strategy aims to provide new open space and other facilities for the community now and in the future.
The new park is designed to serve residents who are generally located within walking distance.
- A playground catering for a range of age groups and abilities
- Open areas of lawn for relaxing and sitting
- A number of seats, a shelter and picnic table
- Outdoor exercise equipment, and;
- An accessible path network to link the park’s activity areas.
Community involvement so far
The design for the new park is built on a foundation of community feedback. In 2016 Council consulted the community on what they would like to see in the new park through surveys and workshops. Community feedback was analysed and applied to the design process.
Suggestions and ideas were included where possible or adapted to ensure ideas made it into
the final plans.
The following design objectives were developed in response to community feedback:
- Provide a social meeting place that includes areas for sitting and relaxing, play, fitness and informal recreation.
- Create inclusive spaces for a variety of age groups and abilities.
- Retain existing trees and vegetation with high landscape value and enhance the site’s landscape.
Have my say