Council is seeking comment from the community on a planning proposal to amend the Ku-ring-gai Local Environmental Plan (Local Centres) 2012 to rezone and reclassify Council owned land at 5 Ray Street, 12 William Street and 1275 Pacific Highway, Turramurra. The reclassification of Council owned land is from "community" to "operational".
The sites form part of the Turramurra Community Hub. Council has prepared a masterplan to guide the future development of the precinct.
The amendments to the KLEP (Local Centres) 2012 are to facilitate the development of the master plan for the Turramurra Community Hub. The rezoning and reclassification will allow Council more flexibility to plan and deliver the proposed community facilities within the precinct.
It is important to note that Council:
- Has no power to sell, exchange or otherwise dispose of community land.
- May grant a lease or license of community land, but only in accordance with the Local Government Act.
- May grant any other estate in community land to the extent permitted by the Local Government Act or under the provisions of another Act; and
- May sell, exchange or otherwise dispose of operational land.
The Planning Proposal will be on public exhibition from Friday 29 April 2016 to Friday 27 May 2016.
The documents below can also be viewed at Council's Customer Service Centre, Level 4, 818 Pacific Highway, Gordon and Turramurra Branch Library.
Gateway Determination (pdf. 93KB)
Planning Proposal (pdf. 4MB)
Appendix A - Council Report and Resolution - 12 November 2013 (pdf. 418KB)
Appendix B - Council Report and Resolution - 8 December 2013 (pdf. 390KB)
Appendix C - masterplan concept sketch (pdf. 164KB)
Appendix D - List of State Environmental Planning Policies (SEPPs) (pdf. 359KB)
Appendix E - Stage 1 preliminary investigation (pdf. 9MB)
Appendix F - List of s117 Directions (pdf. 235KB)
Appendix G - Reclassification checklist: Practice Note PN 09-003 (pdf. 612KB)
Appendix H - Title searches (pdf. 287KB)
Appendix I - Crown Grant (pdf. 1MB)
Click here to view more information on the Turramurra Community Hub Masterplan.
Click here for more information on Activate Turramurra.
Mark your comments with the reference number "S11073". Send your comments:
- Online: use the 'Submit a comment direct to Council' form on the top right of this page (Note: maximum of 300 words).
- By email: email@example.com.
- By mail: General manager, Ku-ring-gai Council, Locked Bag 1006 Gordon, NSW 2073.
Comments must be received by 5pm on Friday 27 May 2016.
All submissions are public documents and will be considered in a final report to Council.
Public Hearing following exhibition
A public hearing will be held in accordance with Section 57(6) of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 following the exhibition. Further details of the public hearing will be provided after the close of the exhibition period.
Enquiries: Urban Planning (02) 9424 0000.