Council sought comment from the community on a planning proposal to amend the Ku-ring-gai Local Environmental Plan (Local Centres) 2012 to reclassify Council land at 176 Mona Vale Road, St Ives from Community Land to Operational Land.
The outcome of the reclassification of the land will allow Council to consider using its landholdings to assist in facilitating the redevelopment of the St Ives Shopping Centre, whilst capitalising on the returns to Council and the potential community benefits.
It is important to note that Council:
- Has no power to sell, exchange or otherwise dispose of community land.
- May grant a lease or license of community land, but only in accordance with the Local Government Act.
- May grant any other estate in community land to the extent permitted by the Local Government Act or under the provisions of another Act; or
- May sell, exchange or otherwise dispose of operational land.
Upon reclassification to operational land, the site will be available for divestment (if required); this would be conducted in accordance with the procedures outlined in Council’s Acquisition and Divestment of Land Policy (September 2009) and with relevant provisions of the Local Government Act 1993. The future divestment of the site would be the subject of a separate report to Council following the proposed reclassification.
A Public Hearing was held on Thursday 7 December 2017 from 6pm at Council Chambers, Level 3, 818 Pacific Highway Gordon. An Independent Chairperson, Mr Lawrence Winnacott, was appointed to conduct the Public Hearing.
Public hearing report
View the Chairperson's report on the Public Hearing (pdf. 301KB)
A hard copy may be viewed at Council Chambers, Customer Service Centre, Level 4, 818 Pacific Highway, Gordon or at the St Ives Branch Library.
Gateway Determination (pdf. 139KB)
Planning proposal (pdf. 2MB)
Appendix 1 -
Appendix 2 - land title documents (pdf. 4MB)
Appendix 5 - Stage 2 DSI (pdf. 6MB)
Roads and Maritime Services comments (pdf. 803KB)
Ku-ring-gai Local Environmental Plan (Local Centres) 2012
Ku-ring-gai Local Centres Development Control Plan
Comments must be in writing. Mark your comments with the reference number 'S11215' and include your contact details.
Send your comments to:
- Online: Use the "Submit a comment direct to Council" form on the top right of this page (note: maximum of 300 words)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: The General Manager, Ku-ring-gai Council, Locked Bag 1006, Gordon, NSW 2072.
Submissions must be received by 5pm on Wednesday 6 December 2017.
All submissions are public documents and will be considered in a final report to Council. Late submissions will be accepted at the discretion of the Chairperson.
Enquiries: Urban Planning Team on 9424 0000.