Note: this Public Hearing was held on 15 September 2016
Council sought comment from the community on a planning proposal to amend Ku-ring-gai Local Environmental Plan (Local Centres) 2012 to reclassify Council land at 8-10 Tryon Road and 3&5 Kochia Lane, Lindfield. This site is also known as the Lindfield Village Green for which Council has an approved Masterplan to guide future development.
The outcome of the reclassification and amendments to the planning provisions applying to the site would enable the redevelopment of the site in accordance with Council's adopted master plan, thereby creating the capacity for Ku-ring-gai Council to better manage this asset for the purpose of supporting Council's asset renewal strategies.
It is important to note that Council:
- Has no power to sell, exchange or otherwise dispose of community land;
- May grant a lease or license of community land, but only in accordance with the Local Government Act;
- May grant any other estate in community land to the extent permitted by the Local Government Act or under the provisions of another Act;
- May sell, exchange or otherwise dispose of operational land.
Public Hearing update
A Public Hearing on the reclassification of the site was held on Thursday 15 September 2016 at 5pm at Ku-ring-gai Council Chambers, Level 3, 818 Pacific Highway Gordon and was open to the public.
An Independent Chairperson, Mr Lawrence Winnacott, was appointed to conduct the hearing.
Chairperson’s Report on the Public Hearing (pdf. 240KB)
The documents below were on public exhibition until 12 August 2016.
Gateway Determination (pdf. 49KB)
Planning Proposal (pdf. 3MB)
Appendix A – Council Report 23 June 2015 (pdf. 2MB)
Appendix B – Council Resolution 23 June 2015 (pdf. 158KB)
Appendix C – Reclassification Checklist- LEP Practice Note (pdf. 2MB)
Appendix D – Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment (pdf. 1MB)
Appendix E – Preferred Design Concept- Lindfield Village Green (pdf. 7MB)
Appendix F – Title Search (pdf. 255KB)
Registering for appearance
If you wish to speak at the hearing, register by calling 9424 0860 by 4:30pm Wednesday, 14 September 2016, or in person at the Council Chambers between 4:30pm and 4:55pm on the day of the Public Hearing.
Mark your comments with the reference number S10726 and include your contact details. Send your comments to:
- Online: use the 'Submit a comment direct to Council' form on the top right of this page (Note: maximum of 300 words).
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By mail: Chairperson, Public Hearing on Land Reclassifications, Ku-ring-gai Council, Locked Bag 1006 Gordon, NSW 2072.
Comments must be received by 5pm Wednesday 14 September 2016. Late submissions will be accepted at the discretion of the Chairperson.
Submissions to the Hearing are public documents.
Contact Council’s Urban Planning Team on 9424 0860.