You may need to obtain some certificates before buying or selling a property. This is a guide only. You should always seek legal advice or consult your agent to determine which certificates you require. 


About the certificate

Section 22D Certificate

Issued under Section 22D of the Swimming Pools Act 1992. Council officers inspect the swimming pool barrier to determine if the barrier complies with the Act. If the barrier is compliant then a Certificate of Compliance is issued.

You will need your pool registration number to lodge a 22D certificate. You can find your pool registration number here.

Click here to order online. 

Section 64 Certificate

Issued under Section 64 of the Noxious Weeds Act 1993. We will tell you if there are any weed control notices in force applying to a property that have been issued by us or the Minister that affect the land.  We also provide information about outstanding expenses owed to us and charges relating to the control of noxious weeds.  Click here to order online. 

Section 88G Certificate

Issued under Section 88G of the Conveyancing Act 1919. We will tell you if there is any money owed to us because of a failure to comply with a positive covenant imposed on the title of a property in which Council is named as the authority that benefits from the positive covenant. We will also tell you if we have carried out works under the terms the positive covenant and the cost which we may recover from the property owner.

Click here to order online.

IMPORTANT: Applications for this certificate require a copy of the Section 88B Instrument describing the terms of the positive covenant to be attached.

Schedule 5, Clause 41 (formerly Section 121ZP) Certificate

Issued under Schedule 5, Clause 41 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979. We will tell you if there are any outstanding notices or orders we have served regarding development or construction matters on a property.  Click here to order online. 

Section 10.7 Certificate

(Previously known as Section 149 Certificate)

Issued under Section 10.7(2) and 10.7(5) of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979. Details what restrictions apply to developing the property. We provide information such as the property's zoning, subject to future road widening, if it's a heritage item or if the land is contaminated.

A Section 10.7 Planning Certificate is required as part of a contract of sale. You should seek advice from a solicitor to see if you need Part 2 of the Certificate only or the full Certificate which includes Parts 2 and 5.  Click here to order online

Building Information Certificate

(Previously known as Section 149D Certificate)

Issued under Division 6.7, Section 6.24 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979. Known as a Building Information Certificate, it gives property owners, potential buyers and financial institutions assurance that unapproved built structures on a property are in reasonable repair, safe and have our approval. The Certificate means that, under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 or the Local Government Act 1993, we will not order or take proceedings for an order to have the building demolished, altered, added to or rebuilt, or to take proceedings in relation to any encroachment by the building onto land under the control of Council, for a period of seven years.

IMPORTANT – read the Information Sheet for Application for Building Information Certificate.pdf (pdf. 262KB) prior to applying for your Building Information Certificate

Click here to order online.


Section 603 Certificate

Issued under Section 603 of the Local Government Act 1993. We will tell you if there is an amount due or owed to us by way of rates, charges or otherwise for a particular property.  Click here to order online.
Section 735A Certificate

Issued under Section 735A of the Local Government Act 1993. We supply information about whether there are any outstanding notices we have issued under this Act for any property in Ku-ring-gai. We will explain the action we may propose to take or intend to take in relation to any outstanding notice.  Click here to order online. 

If you wish to apply for any of these certificates click here to order online.

Request a certificate to be resent