Changes to Council meetings and Public Forums
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the following changes will apply to Public Forums and Council meetings.
From April 2020, the monthly Public Forums are suspended.
However the public can still address Council through the following ways:
- A written submission (maximum two A4 pages).
- An online form submission (500 words maximum).
- A video recording of up to 3 minutes maximum.
- An audio recording of up to 3 minutes maximum.
The deadline to make a submission to Council is 5pm the day of the relevant Public Forum date.
For queries, or if any issues arise please contact Manager Governance and Corporate Strategy, Michael Wearne at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 9424 0600.
Click here to make a submission to Council.
2020 Public Forum dates - currently suspended due to COVID-19
- Tuesday 21 April
- Tuesday 12 May
- Tuesday 23 June
- Tuesday 21 July
- Tuesday 18 August
- Tuesday 15 September
- Tuesday 13 October
- Tuesday 10 November
- Tuesday 1 December
From April 2020, monthly Council meetings will no longer be held at the Council Chambers. They will instead be conducted online through a live streaming service.
Members of the public wishing to observe Council meetings can do so on our live stream page.
Council meetings for the remainder of 2020 will be held on the following dates:
2020 Council Meeting dates
- Tuesday 28 April
- Tuesday 19 May
- Tuesday 30 June
- Tuesday 28 July
- Tuesday 25 August
- Tuesday 22 September
- Tuesday 20 October
- Tuesday 17 November
- Tuesday 8 December
Ku-ring-gai Council recently introduced key changes on how it conducts Council Meetings. These changes were required by the NSW Government and are outlined in detail in the Council's new Code of Meeting Practice which was adopted by Council in June 2019.
View Code of Meeting Practice (pdf. 317KB)
The main changes are:
- From July 2019, Ku-ring-gai Council commenced meeting monthly on Tuesdays from 7pm.
- Also from July, a monthly Public Forum was introduced. The forum gives the public the opportunity to speak on Council Meeting agenda items, or any other matters in the public interest.
- Agendas for the monthly Council Meetings are publicly available from the Wednesday preceding the Public Forum.
View Business Papers and agendas.
- Currently Public Forums are not being held due to COVID-19. Currently Public Forums are not being held due to COVID-19. If you would like to make a submission to Council please click here.
- Monthly Council Meetings are currently not open to the public due to COVID-19 however, you can view the Council meeting via live stream.
Monthly Council Meetings are now streamed live here on our website.
View the live stream here
Minutes and agendas
Find out what decisions were made at our Council Meetings and Public Forum:
View current agendas, minutes and reports - (Business Papers) - 2011 to present
View archived agendas, minutes and reports (business papers) - 2004-2010
Summary of Council decisions and outcomes