About the project
Ku-ring-gai residents were invited to comment on our draft Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS) for 6 weeks from 1 July to 12 August 2019. The consultation for the draft LSPS has concluded.
The draft LSPS plans for Ku-ring-gai's economic, social and environmental land use needs for the next 20 years (2016-2036). This is the first LSPS developed by Council.
Ku-ring-gai Council already has comprehensive land use plans and related policies developed in consultation with the community. The draft LSPS draws together the priorities and actions from Councils existing land use plans and policies to present an overall land use vision for Ku-ring-gai.
The LSPS provides guidance on
- Location of future housing.
- Future identity and character of local centres - Lindfield, Gordon, Turramurra and St Ives.
- Future requirements for community facilities and open space.
- Future transport infrastructure.
- Supporting the local economy.
- Partnership opportunities with government agencies.
- Managing bushland, biodiversity and waterways.
- Adapting to climate change.
The draft LSPS also identifies where additional strategic planning is required, such as a Housing Strategy and Retail / Commercial Centres Strategy.
Ultimately, the LSPS will help guide future changes to Ku-ring-gai's planning controls - the Local Environmental Plan (LEP) and Development Control Plan (DCP).
All Councils are required to prepare a Local Strategic Planning Statement by the end of 2019, under direction from the NSW Government and the Greater Sydney Commission.
View the draft documents
* Interactive version: Click on the ''square Full Screen" icon located at the middle of the screen to view the interactive report in full screen. You can flick between pages by clicking on the left arrow (to go to previous page) and right arrow (to go to next page).
Due to the large file size of the Draft Ku-ring-gai Local Strategic Planning Statement the document has been split up into smaller parts below.
How can I get involved and have my say?
The draft LSPS was on public exhibition from 1 July to 12 August 2019. The consultation for the draft LSPS has concluded.
At different stages in the preparation of the LSPS and associated plans, Council will be consulting the community and other stakeholders.
We will update this page as the process unfolds.
Urban Planning Team 9424 0000.