About the project
Council has developed a draft waste strategy that will guide the delivery of waste management services in the Ku-ring-gai up until 2029.
The Ku-ring-gai community is invited to read and provide written submission on the draft strategy that is on public exhibition from Monday 2 December until Monday 3 February 2020.
Community research undertaken as part of the strategy’s development has indicated a high level of satisfaction with the current provision of waste services in Ku-ring-gai.
To maintain this high level Council has used the research outputs to propose changes that will meet ongoing community expectations within the constraints of current waste process and disposal facilities available.
In summary the strategy identifies a number of actions:
- Maintain the domestic waste and recycling services.
- Adjust clean-up service to 4 services per year.
- Introduce a bulky green waste service in line with the clean-up service.
- Introduce waste recovery at the kerb-side for e-waste, mattresses and metals.
- From Council`s previous resolution in considering additional bush fire protection for residents include in the collection tender an option for a weekly green waste collection.
- Continue research and development into further recovery opportunities for recycling including soft plastics.
- Provide additional resources for community information, promotion and education.
- Continue with development of engineering waste recovery including road re-surfacing and other opportunities with civil project works.
- Continue with Council`s commercial waste and recycling services for business and schools in the local government area.
- Continue to improve litter and dumped waste management.
View the draft Waste Management Strategy (pdf. 4MB)
View Frequently Asked Questions
Hard copies are also available at Council Chambers and any branch of Ku-ring-gai Library.
Comments on the document must be provided as a written submission and should quote reference S12188-1.
Online: Use the 'Submit your comment direct to Council' button at the top right of this page (note:maximum 300 words).
Post: The General Manager, Ku-ring-gai Council, Locked Bag 1056, Pymble NSW 2073
Submissions close 3 February 2020. All submissions are public documents and will be considered in a final report to Council.
Enquiries - Colin Wright 9424 0000.
Closing date: 3 February 2020