A Planning Proposal has been submitted to Council by the Killara Golf Club. The northern portion of the Club’s land is currently zoned for low density residential uses. The Club seeks to permit medium and high density dwellings to part of this northern portion of their land whilst retaining the low density status on the remainder of the site.
Council is seeking comment from the community on the following exhibited documents:
- Planning Proposal to rezone part of the Killara Golf Course land at 556 Pacific Highway, Killara, also known as Deferred Area 15 under the Ku-ring-gai Local Environmental Plan 2015.
- Proposed amendment to Part 14 and Part 18R of the Ku-ring-gai Development Control Plan to include site specific controls relating to the Planning Proposal.
The Planning Proposal amends the KLEP 2015 to:
- rezone the northeast portion of the Killara Golf Course land from the existing Low Density Residential 2(b) zoning under the Ku-ring-gai Planning Scheme Ordinance, to part High Density Residential R4 and part Low Density Residential R2 under the KLEP 2015, with associated height and FSR standard
- increase the extent of the existing Heritage Item Clubhouse under the KLEP 2015 to include a new curtilage area.
The amendments to the DCP:
- include a new section (Part 14C) to address development that might be permitted by this Planning Proposal
- provide Objectives and Controls to ensure any new development is aligned with Ku-ring-gai Council’s predominant character of high quality built form placed within a landscaped garden setting, including tall canopy trees
- amend the Greenweb Map for the site to integrate with surrounding areas.
The documents below are on public exhibition from 3 May to 31 May 2018.
A hard copy may be viewed at Council Chambers, Customer Service Centre at level 4, 818 Pacific Highway Gordon or at the Gordon Branch Library.
Gateway Determination (pdf. 290KB)
State Agency Consultations (pdf. 2MB)
Draft Planning Proposal (pdf. 4MB)
Attachment A - Checklist of Consistency with Section 117 Directions and SEPPs (pdf. 167KB)
Attachment B - Site Survey – YSCO Geomatics (pdf. 2MB)
Attachment C - Urban Design Study – PMDL (pdf. 3MB)
Attachment D - Traffic and Parking Assessment Report – Varga Traffic Planning Pty Ltd (pdf. 5MB)
Attachment E part 1 - Statement of Heritage Impact – Graham Brooks and Associates Conservation Management Plan – Graham Brooks and Associates (pdf. 3MB)
Attachment E part 2 - Statement of Heritage Impact – Graham Brooks and Associates Conservation Management Plan – Graham Brooks and Associates (pdf. 11MB)
Attachment F - Flora and Fauna Assessment – Footprint Green Pty Ltd (pdf. 3MB)
Attachment G - Preliminary Arboricultural Assessment – Urban Forestry Australia (pdf. 4MB)
Attachment H part 1 - Detailed Site Investigation Contamination Report – SESL Australia, Extension of Detailed Site Investigation Study Area – SESL Australia (pdf. 13MB)
Attachment H part 2 - Detailed Site Investigation Contamination Report – SESL Australia, Extension of Detailed Site Investigation Study Area – SESL Australia (pdf. 13MB)
Attachment I - Consultation Outcomes Report – Elton Consulting (pdf. 2MB)
Development Control Plan
Draft Development Control Plan – Part 14C Killara Golf Club (pdf. 4MB)
Draft Development Control Plan - 18R Greenweb Maps (pdf. 2MB)
Comments must be in writing and must quote reference “S11324”.
Submissions may be sent to Council as follows:
Online: Use the "Submit a comment direct to Council" form on the top right of this page (note: maximum of 300 words)
Post: The General Manager, Ku-ring-gai Council, Locked Bag 1006, Gordon, NSW 2072.
Submissions must be received by 5pm on 31 May 2018.
All submissions are public documents and will be considered in a final report to Council.
Phone 9424 0000.