Ku-ring-gai Council currently has 20 off-leash areas. These areas are a great way to exercise and socialise your dog, which can help reduce behavioural problems.
To find the off-leash areas, please see our Off-leash Area Flyer (pdf. 629KB).
Please ensure you pick up and dispose of all waste correctly. See our Scoop up the Poop flyer (pdf. 633KB).
Rules in off-leash dog parks
- Dogs must be under the effective control of a competent person at all times
- Clean up after your dog and dispose of dog litter in bins provided. Failure to remove dog poo immediately is a $275 fine.
- Dogs are not permitted off-leash on ovals during organised sports and games, and are not permitted off-leash in the surrounding parks/reserves at any time
- Dogs must be put on-leash when leaving the off-leash area
- Keep dogs 10 metres away from playgrounds and food areas
- Dogs are only allowed in some bushland reserves if they are on-leash and under their handler’s control. Dogs are not allowed in wildlife protection areas
- No dogs are allowed at Fiddens Wharf Sportsground
- Failure to comply with notices displayed at Council ovals, parks and reserves is an offence under Section 632 of the Local Government Act 1993
- Penalties apply under the Companion Animals Act 1998