A helping hand for new migrants living in the Ku-ring-gai Local Government Area:

Community Migrant Resource Centre (CMRC) provides delivery of core settlement support for migrants (in various languages) in their first five years of life in Australia through one-to-one consultations.

Contact us at Ku-ring-gai Council

Thursdays: 9:00 am -5:00 pm 

Fridays: 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.

Address: 818 Pacific Highway, Gordon 2072

Phone:  9687 9901 

Email: uma.menon@cmrc.com.au

Community Migrant Resource Centre website

Who can use our services?

  • Refugees, humanitarian migrants and immigrants.
  • Arrived in Australia in the last five years.
  • People who have special settlement needs.

How can we help?

  • Assistance on a wide range of issues when settling into a new country.
  • Referral and access to services.
  • Educational workshops and employment pathways.
  • Skills Development.
  • Social activities and information networks.
  • Australian culture and lifestyle information.
  • Integration and participation in the wider community.

Want to learn English?

Joining our weekly Social Conversation Group it is a great way to learn more about Australian culture and local services in the area, meet new friends, while improving your English skills along the way. The conversation group is run by local volunteer tutors.

We facilitate social conversation classes at Gordon and Linfield Library during school term.

English Classes - Social Conversation Group 

Venue: Gordon Library (Conversation Focused) Meeting Room near Kitchen

Time: Every Thursdays from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm 

Venue:  Ku-ring-gai Center for Seniors next to Lindfield Library for Beginners

Time: Every Friday from 10:30 am to 12 pm 

Love to Dance?

Venue:  Ku-ring-gai Center for Seniors next to Lindfield Library

Time: Every Fridays from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm 

Contact Details for Enrolment of English and Dancing Classes:

Frank Feng

Email: zhenqian.feng@cmrc.com.au

Phone: 9687 9901

Useful information

Free interpreting service

We can arrange an interpreter from the Translating and Interpreting Service to provide free interpreting services. Call us on 9847 6721 (Monday to Wednesday) or 9424 0978 (Thursday to Friday) for more information.


Community directory

Consumer rights


  • Lifeline is a telephone counselling service that provides advice if you are experiencing a crisis in your life. Call 13 11 14.

Emergency contact number

  • Dial '000' in an emergency when one needs police, fire or ambulance services.

Immigration and citizenship

Money and finances

  • MoneySmart provides information in a variety of languages about financial issues.

Public transport


  • Search for English and other employment and vocational courses at Hornsby TAFE.

Translated websites