We keep Ku-ring-gai’s many parks, playgrounds and sportsfields in tip-top shape by removing litter, maintaining gardens and footpaths, setting out field and court markings, and much more.
Our work involves:
- looking after trees and shrubs
- mowing, weeding and pruning
- repairing fences, drains and gutters
- making safety inspections
- repairing equipment and facilities, such as park furniture and cricket nets
- improving signage
- installing bins and collecting rubbish
- preparing venues for events and cleaning up after
We also maintain gardens in local business centres, laneways, roadways and train stations.
We go a step beyond our scheduled program of maintenance by giving 30 sites each year some extra TLC. This way we can make sure valuable assets such as play equipment will last as long as possible.
We give selected parks, reserves and playgrounds extra attention based on their location and overall condition. This work can involve everything from repairing garden edges to repainting swing sets.
Contact our Open Space Asset Officer on 9424 0613 or email@example.com to find out if a park near you is scheduled for a refurb.