Our annual sponsorship program provides financial assistance for a variety of events and activities held in Ku-ring-gai in return for benefits to Council and the local community.
The types of events and activities eligible for sponsorship include:
- Community events.
- Community education.
- Arts / Cultural Organisations and events.
Sponsorships will be determined based on the following criteria:
The event or activity
- Provides opportunities for the community to attend new and innovative events / activities.
- Celebrates Ku-ring-gai’s rich cultural diversity.
- Provides opportunities for emerging artists or performers.
- Contributes to economic development within Ku-ring-gai.
- Will increase visitation to the area by attracting attendees from outside the Ku-ring-gai municipality.
- Is to be held at a safe and accessible location.
- Complies with all relevant legislative requirements and Council policies.
Applications for sponsorship
- Sponsorship applications are open 1-30 June each year.
- Sponsorships will be determined in July and funds will be paid once a tax invoice is received from your organisation.
Sponsorship acquittal form
- If you receive sponsorship funding you will be required to submit an acquittal form by 30 June following receipt of monies.
- You must attach copies of invoices / receipts showing how sponsorship monies were spent.
Please refer to the Sponsorship and Donations Policy (pdf. 208KB) for more information.
Other sources of funding
If your event or activity does not fit into the above criteria, visit the Community Grants page to view other sources of funding that may be available.