Tips for general clean-up
- Present your items kerbside the night before your collection.
- Make sure you don’t block pedestrian access.
- The total volume of waste must not exceed three cubic metres.
- No item is to exceed two metres in length.
- Loose items must be bagged for collection.
- Each individual house and unit must make a separate booking.
- We have the right to refuse collection of any item that has the potential to harm the operator, equipment or the environment.
Items accepted in general clean-up
- Toys and play equipment size permitting eg. swings and trampolines must be dismantled.
- Lawn mowers.
- Carpet in manageable sized rolls.
- TVs and Computers - however these can be recycled. To find drop/off locations visit TV and Computer Recycling.
- Electrical equipment eg stereos, microwaves, and small appliances (excluding whitegoods).
- Pool equipment / heating strips must bundled in manageable amounts.
- Clothes lines must be in pieces less than 2m in length.
Items NOT accepted in general clean-up
- Building waste, eg. fencing, guttering, bricks, wood, tiles, concrete.
- Greenwaste, eg. branches, leaves.
- Hazardous waste, eg. paints, chemicals, pesticides, gas bottles.
- Oil heaters/column heaters - must be disposed of at chemical collections.
- Excessively heavy items eg. commercial photocopiers, treadmills, concrete pots.
- Car parts and tyres.
- Liquid waste.
- Glass/ mirrors.
- White goods.
Before booking a cleanup have you considered ?
Selling or sharing your unwanted items
If you have clothes, toys, tools or any other unwanted items which are still in good condition and working order, you could consider selling or sharing them or giving them away. You can sell unwanted pieces on websites like eBay or Gumtree, you can hire things out at Open Shed, and you can list items to give away at sites like Freecycle or Ziilch
The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre
The Bower is an environmental charity that collects, repairs and sells preloved goods. For more information visit the Bower Collection and Rehoming page or call 9568 6280 (Mon – Fri 10am to 5pm) Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
White goods collection
Tips for white goods cleanup
- Present your items kerbside the night before your collection
- Make sure you don’t block pedestrian access
- Your booking entitles you to put out up to two items for collection
- Cancellations are taken up to 11am the day before your booking
- Doors must be removed for safety
- A collection fee of $30 applies
- We have the right to refuse collection of any item that has the potential to harm the operator, equipment or the environment
Items included in white goods cleanup
- Fridges and freezers
- Washing machines
- Clothes dryers
- Stoves and ovens
- Hot water systems
This NSW Government program is no longer operating.
Dispose of old household chemicals safely at Sydney's next Chemical CleanOut.
Mobile chipping service
We offer a free mobile chipping service four times a year in February, May, August and November.