Bookings for Art Centre classes are available online!
Click here to book online
Click here to download a PDF version of the Semester 1 2020 brochure
Term 2 and school holiday booking dates
Current students can book on 9 March
New students can book on 23 March
School holiday students can book on 16 March
You will need to register online before you can book a class yourself
Click here to register for the online bookings system
Need help making a booking or choosing a class?
You are welcome to contact the Art Centre for friendly advice on which class to choose.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having trouble registering or booking a class or phone us on 9424 0310 during office hours. (8.30am - 5pm Monday - Friday excluding public holidays).
- Enrol for both terms within one semester for a 10% discount on the 2nd term.
- Discounts are also available for enrolling students on full pension benefits.
- Ku-ring-gai Art Centre is now registered with Service NSW and we can accept vouchers for selected classes in the school holiday program. Visit our school holidays page for more information or phone us on 9424 0310.
- Enrolments can be made in person using cash, cheque, EFTPOS, MasterCard, Visa or Amex. Online enrolments can be made using MasterCard, Visa or Amex only.
**NB: A merchant surcharge fee for all credit cards is applicable: Amex: 1.5%, Visa/Master Card: 0.75%. (updated 15 October 2018).
- Please note late enrolments incur an admin fee of $25. (updated 1 July 2019).
Terms and conditions
- All Art Centre programs are subject to change.
- Hardcopy of programs and PDF versions may not be up to date. Please check website and front office for most recent scheduling.
- It is the responsibility of the person who makes the booking to read the terms and conditions including bookings made online, in person and over the phone.
- Council has the utmost regard for the safety of our students, staff and the community. Participants need to be able to manage their own transport and mobility. Tutors and staff are unable to assist.(Including phoning taxis, assisting with walking and lifting into vehicle).
- Please choose carefully as fees are non-refundable.
- Ku-ring-gai Art Centre cannot accept responsibility for changes to students' personal circumstances that prevent attendance.
- Transfers may only be permitted during the same term provided places are available (one transfer per term only).
- No transfers after week three are permitted.
- Please note that classes missed are the student's responsibility and are non-refundable.
- Students are not entitled to a discount or 'make-up' class if they miss a class in any course they have enrolled in.
- In the event of a tutor being unable to take a class a replacement tutor will be organised for that class. In the case of a qualified tutor not being available to take a missed class, you will be advised of a replacement class date.
- Enrolments should be made at least four days prior to workshop or term commencement to avoid unnecessary class cancellation.
- Management reserves the right to change tutor and class dates – no refunds for change of mind if tutor / dates are changed.
- Classes can be cancelled if attendance numbers are too low. If classes have insufficient numbers student that have enrolled will be phoned to advise of cancellation prior to class commencing.
- Ku-ring-gai Art Centre does not offer refunds or transfers if a class is cancelled due to a tutor being ill or away. A make up class will be scheduled at the end of term, or at the earliest convenience. Otherwise, a fill in tutor will be arranged.
- The Centre is closed on public holidays. Should your class fall on a public holiday, you will be advised of a replacement class date.
Important note to students and parents
- The Art Centre practices a policy of no nuts or nut products. Please ensure food brought to the Centre does not contain nuts or nut products, as other children may be allergic.
- Let us know if your child has special needs/medication requirements.
- Children need to bring their own food and drink.
- Students with health issues, asthma, allergies requiring the use of an Epi-pen are required to provide a current Action Plan prior to the commencement of class. If your child turns up without an Epi Pen or with out of date medication, they cannot attend the class.
- An additional mobile or emergency contact number must be available.
- Please ensure your child dresses appropriately for the class by wearing a smock and shoes with covered heel and toes.
- There are no child-minding facilities at the Art Centre.
- Ku-ring-gai Art Centre accepts no responsibility for children before/after classes.
- Children must be collected promptly at the end of each class.
- Ku-ring-gai Art Centre accepts no children under the age of five years OR children who have not yet started school – we have the right to refuse enrolments that do not meet these criteria.
- Only students enrolled may attend courses.
- Children and babies are not permitted to attend adult classes and workshops.
- Parents/guardians are not permitted to stay in class/interact with children during class time, including any recreational breaks as per instructed by the tutor.
- Fees are kept to a minimum and cover tuition, the use of equipment during classes and, where included, the cost of model fees and/or some basic materials.
- Mineral turpentine is not permitted at the Centre.
Protocol for illness infectious diseases
In the case of a child feeling unwell, parents and/or guardians are asked to:
- Immediately pick up their sick child when contacted by Council staff.
- Take their children to the doctor for treatment and diagnosis.
- Inform Council staff as soon as possible if their child is diagnosed with any infectious disease.
- Keep sick children at home until they are well.