Film Club at Turramurra Library
Fourth Tuesday of every month.
Join us for a free monthly film screening and discussion as we discover some amazing gems from the Beamafilm treasure trove. Beamafilm is Australia's premium streaming channel for true stories and independent voices. Included in the collection are award - winning documentaries, independent features and festival favourites to delight, inspire and entertain you.
The Spirit of ’45
Tuesday 26 September, 2pm- 4pm
1945 was a pivotal year in British history. The spirit of the age was to be our brother’s and our sister’s keeper. Director Ken Loach has used film from Britain’s regional and national archives, alongside sound recordings and contemporary interviews, to create a rich political and social narrative. The Spirit of ’45 hopes to illuminate and celebrate a period of unprecedented community spirit in the UK, the impact of which endured for many years and which may yet be rediscovered today.
Register your interest today! Telephone 9424 0480 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All the below book clubs are currently full
Our book clubs give you a chance to expand your reading horizons and meet fellow bookworms!
To register or find out more, please contact your local library.
Gordon Book Club
- Book Club 2 - 3rd Wednesday, 6.30pm.
- Book Club 3 - 3rd Thursday, 6.30pm.
- Book Club 4 - 4th Thursday, 6.30pm.
- Book Club 5 - 3rd Wednesday, 10.30am.
Lindfield Book Club
- Monday Book Club - 2nd Monday, 1pm.
- Tuesday Book Club - 3rd Tuesday, 1pm.
- Friday Book Club - 2nd Friday, 10.30am
St Ives Book Club
- Tuesday Book Club - 1st Tuesday, 1.00pm.
- Friday Book Club - 2nd Friday, 10.30am.
Turramurra Book Club
- Second Saturday Book Club - 2nd Saturday, 10.30am.
- Third Tuesday Book Club - 3rd Tuesday, 2pm.
- Third Saturday Book Club - 3rd Saturday, 10.30am.
- Fourth Saturday Book Club - 4th Saturday, 10.30am.
Recipe Club at St Ives Library
Book clubs for foodies! This club is currently full.
Every month is a different theme. For novices or expert chefs – just bring your love of cooking (and eating!). Participants choose recipes from our cookbooks, magazines, and DVDs, based on the monthly theme, then they make a recipe or two at home. At the next meeting you can share what you liked and disliked about the recipes – maybe even share a few photos of your creations.
Friday 6 October 10am - 11am - Eggs
Friday 3 November 10am - 11am - Vegetables
Friday 1 December 10am - 11am - Christmas
Bookings essential. Tel: 9424 0453 Email: email@example.com