Information and resources
eResources - a variety of electronic databases are available for you to access. Some of these databases are freely available, for others you will need to login in order to access them.
At your library
The Reference Collection is available at all branches, with the largest collection housed at Gordon Library. The Reference Collection includes:
- encyclopaedias and dictionaries, guides and directories;
- an HSC collection;
- atlases and maps, year books;
- newspapers and periodicals;
- online databases and web links.
The library also has facilities for your use:
- access to word processing, image scanning, internet;
- access to specialist databases such as Ancestory;
- view microform materials (film and fiche) from the Library's reference collection;
- to access these resources you need to book a session on the ezone - book your session now in the ezone.
Quick links to information resources
A statistical profile of Ku-ring-gai
Local Information and Family History
Available at Gordon Library - books, journals, microform, Internet and CD Rom resources.
Copies of The Sydney Morning Herald, The Australian, The Australian Financial Review, The North Shore Times and The Hornsby Advocate are available to read in all libraries.
Gordon has much of these resources archived in microfilm format.
Chinese language newspapers are also available at Gordon Library. Bookan, a Chinese language periodical database, is available through eResources.
If you need a book we don't have in our collection, we can search the National Library database for you, find the item and borrow it from another library on your behalf. You'll need to fill out a special request form at one of our branches.
Minutes of Council meetings
Ku-ring-gai Library holds copies of current and selected past Council minutes, agendas, business papers, publications and reports. Minutes, agendas and reports can also be found in the Business Papers section of Council's website.