Share the excitement and love of reading with your child and join us as we read stories, finger play, rhyme, sing and play music.
Story times for children aged 0 - 6 years are presented every week during school term.
Children are encouraged to develop confidence and self-esteem by interacting with other children and actively participating in program activities.
No need to register, just come and join in on the fun!
New: Story Box Library
You can now have a special story time at home! We're very excited to announce that Library patrons can now access the Story Box Library using their Library card number. Story Box Library is an online library full of videos of Australian authors, comedians, actors, musicians, and illustrators reading Australian stories aloud. To access the service, simply visit storyboxlibrary.com.au and log in via the Public Library option. If you have any questions about Story Box Library, please ask one of the friendly librarians next time you visit us.
Rock a bye
This introduction to early literacy encourages interaction between adult and child through activities including board books, rhymes and songs.
25-minute program is suitable for babies aged 0-18 months.
- Tuesdays at 11.15am - Lindfield Library
- Thursdays at 11.15am - Turramurra Library
- Fridays at 11.15am - Gordon Library
Rock 'n' Rhyme
This session includes short stories, action rhymes and songs.
30-minute program suitable for toddlers aged 18-36 months.
- Tuesdays at 10.15am - Lindfield Library
- Thursdays at 10.15am - Turramurra Library
- Fridays at 10.15am - Gordon Library
Rock 'n' Tales
It includes stories, songs and may include simple craft activities.
45-minute program suitable for children aged 3-5 years. Younger children are also welcome to attend.
- Wednesdays at 10.30am - Turramurra Library and St Ives Library
- Thursdays at 10.30am - Gordon Library and Lindfield Library
- Introduce your child to the library before attending a story time session
- Arrive on time
- Switch off your mobile or turn it on silent
- Keep conversation to a minimum during story time
- If your child becomes upset or disruptive during story time, take them outside for a moment. Come back when you're both ready.
- Never leave your child unattended
- Have fun!
For further information contact Ku-ring-gai Libraries Children's Services on 9424 0116 / 9424 0109 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.