Resuming at the Wildflower Garden in Term 3!
Junior Rangers Club is our fantastic after-school activity for primary-aged kids who love nature!
Join our experienced rangers for active, hands-on sessions where you’ll learn all about the Wildflower Garden’s plants and animals, and pick up all sorts of essential skills for being a ranger.
Junior Rangers Club runs weekly on Wednesdays and Thursdays 4pm - 5.30pm at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden. Bookings are now open for Term 3, 2020.
Active Kids Vouchers now accepted at Junior Rangers Club
Your child can enjoy a whole term of nature fun for only $30!
To redeem your voucher, do not book online. Call the Wildflower Garden directly on 9424 0353 and have your voucher details ready.
Please note our information about Active Kids Vouchers below.
$130 per child for the 10-week term.
Click here to book for Wednesdays for Term 3
Click here to book for Thursdays for Term 3
We are not accepting casual bookings at Junior Rangers Club this term.
Week 1: Campfire & Friendships
A chance to catch up with each other after the break, find out how our fauna friends have been doing, and hang out around the campfire.
Week 2: Wanna be a Ranger?
To celebrate World Ranger Day, we’ll be getting our hands dirty as we have a go at some of the essential jobs rangers do: looking after animals, checking the health of ecosystems, and maintaining our tracks and trails.
Week 3: National Tree Day
We love trees! We’ll be learning about all things leafy, and paying a visit to a special tree that hosts a whole community of other living things amongst its branches.
Week 4: Fabulous Fungi
Cool, damp weather is great for fungi! We’ll be getting to know these strange and beautiful organisms and finding out what makes them so unique.
Week 5: Spring Wildflowers
It’s the best time of year for wildflowers! We’ll use field guides to identify the flowers we find in the bush, and learn the art of botanical drawing to record our favourite kinds.
Week 6: Creatures of the Dusk
We’ll venture deep into the bush to seek nocturnal creatures emerging in the dusk. If the sky is clear, we’ll be hoping for a look at the moon through our telescope. Please bring a small torch.
Week 7: Nature Photography
Bring your digital camera or smartphone this week for a master class in photographing the natural world.
Week 8: Threatened Species Day
They’re tiny, they’re cute, and they’re in danger! Red-crowned Toadlets have been breeding at the Wildflower Garden this year, so we’ll be heading out to try and locate some and record where they live.
Week 9: Junior Geologists
Sandstone rocks! The geology of the Wildflower Garden shapes the landscape and also the plant communities that live here. We’ll be making our own rock collections, so please bring a 1-dozen egg carton for your geological samples.
Week 10: Choose your own adventure
Our Junior Rangers will be planning and running this week’s activities. Marshmallows may be involved.
Junior Rangers Club activities are subject to our Terms and Conditions. These relate to booking fees and cancellations, our weather policy, participant safety, risk and indemnity, media release, and special conditions for COVID-19.
Active Kids Vouchers
- Active Kids Vouchers can be redeemed for use at Junior Rangers Club for a $100 discount on your full-term booking.
- Active Kids Vouchers are an initiative of the NSW State Government. To apply for a voucher or check your eligibility, please visit the ServiceNSW website.
- To redeem a voucher, call the Wildflower Garden office on 9424 0353. You will need the voucher details and your credit card to pay the balance.
- Once redeemed, no refund is available for your voucher.
- The voucher must be redeemed at the time of making the booking. You cannot apply a voucher in retrospect to an existing booking.
- If a voucher is found to be invalid, you will need to pay for the full amount by credit card.
- The voucher must be in the same name as the child on the booking.
- Junior Rangers Club full-term bookings are the only program at the Wildflower Garden that accepts Active Kids Vouchers.
For more information, please contact the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353.