Junior Rangers Club is our fantastic after-school weekly activity for primary kids who love nature!
Join our experienced rangers for active, hands-on sessions where you’ll learn all about the Wildflower Garden’s plants and animals, and pick up all sorts of essential skills for being a ranger.
Junior Rangers Club runs weekly on Thursdays 4pm - 5.30pm at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 1, 2020.
Newsflash! Active Kids Vouchers now accepted at Junior Rangers Club
Your child can enjoy a whole term of nature fun for only $40!
To redeem your voucher, do not book online. Call the Wildflower Garden directly on 9424 0353 and have your voucher details ready.
Please note our information about Active Kids Vouchers below.
$140 per child for the 11-week term. Click here to book online. (Bookings using Active Kids Vouchers must be booked by phone.)
A limited number of casual places are available each week, $14 per child. Please call the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353 to book in.
Frogs and Bogs
It’s World Wetland Day this week and we’ll be investigating what lives in our ponds and swamps. Who knows what we might find lurking beneath the surface?
Who’s Been Here?
Calling all Nature Detectives! This special session in tracking will sharpen your skills in observation as we study the clues that animals leave behind in the bush.
Feathers, fur or fins – today’s adventure will feature animals of all kinds, both captive and in the wild, as we learn about the science of classification and identification.
Learn some ancient skills to make craft items from natural materials, such as weaving and making string. Take home your creations and show them to your family and friends!
Emergency in the Bush!
We all love being out in the bush, but would you know what to do if something goes wrong? This session will prepare you for emergencies where someone gets lost or injured out in the wild.
Cleaning Up Australia
Rubbish can be a big problem in the bush. We’ll be lending a hand at our very own Clean Up Australia Day site here at the Wildflower Garden.
Gargantuans in the Garden
Meet some of the world’s biggest insects in a fascinating look at phasmids with Ranger Dennis. Bring a container if you’d like to take home a new pet.
Tree Fern Gully
Each term we take the opportunity to explore our more remote bush walk, the Mueller Track. This time we’ll be visiting Tree Fern Gully to visit the falls and look for yabbies. Please wear closed shoes and bring a water bottle and a snack.
Among the Gum Trees
It wouldn’t be the bush without gumtrees! To celebrate National Eucalypt Day, we’ll be visiting all kinds of gumtrees at the Wildflower Garden and finding out what kinds of creatures depend on them for survival.
Many of our Junior Rangers, and our Rangers themselves, have special pets of their own. Bearded Dragons, guinea pigs, hermit crabs, stick insects? Today’s your chance to bring them in for everyone to meet!
(Small pets only – no dogs or cats please. Children must carry their pet in a suitable enclosure and be capable of handling it themselves.)
Junior Rangers in Charge
It’s choose-your-own adventure week! Our more experienced Junior Rangers will be preparing and delivering a special activity chosen by the group.
- Junior Rangers Club is open to school-aged children from Kindergarten to Year 6. All participants must be within the age range for this activity.
- Bookings are essential for all sessions. Walk-up bookings are at the discretion of the ranger. If the session is full, no walk-up bookings will be accepted.
- Adults are welcome to accompany their children but this is not essential.
- Please collect your child(ren) promptly at the end of the activity. Rangers cannot be responsible for supervising children after the activity has finished.
- We do not refund if you decide to cancel your booking. Refunds will only apply if the Wildflower Garden needs to cancel the activity.
- Activities will go ahead in wet weather, so please dress appropriately. If extreme weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger and a refund given (pro rated for full term bookings).
- We reserve the right to change the content of the weekly program to accommodate changes as necessary.
- All activities at the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
Active Kids Vouchers
- Active Kids Vouchers can be redeemed for use at Junior Rangers Club for a $100 discount on your full-term booking.
- Active Kids Vouchers are an initiative of the NSW State Government. To apply for a voucher or check your eligibility, please visit the ServiceNSW website.
- To redeem a voucher, call the Wildflower Garden office on 9424 0353. You will need the voucher details and your credit card to pay the balance.
- Once redeemed, no refund is available for your voucher.
- The voucher must be redeemed at the time of making the booking. You cannot apply a voucher in retrospect to an existing booking.
- If a voucher is found to be invalid, you will need to pay for the full amount by credit card.
- The voucher must be in the same name as the child on the booking.
- Junior Rangers Club full-term bookings are the only program at the Wildflower Garden that accepts Active Kids Vouchers.
For more information, please contact the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353.