Junior Rangers Club is our fantastic after-school weekly activity for primary kids who love nature! Join our experienced rangers for active, hands-on sessions where you’ll learn all about the Wildflower Garden’s plants and animals, and pick up all sorts of essential skills for being a ranger.
Junior Rangers Club runs weekly on Thursdays 4pm - 5.30pm at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 3, 2019.
$126 per child for the ten-week term. Click here to book online.
A limited number of casual places are available each week, $14 per child. Please call the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353 to book in.
National Tree Day
We love trees! Our first week of term will be devoted to getting to know our leafy neighbours, and planting some habitat species that we’ll nurture across the term.
Deep in the Bush
We’ll be heading deep into the bush to explore little-known tracks and trails. Please bring a torch, a drink and a snack in your backpack.
Bring your digital camera or smartphone this week for a master class in photographing the natural world.
It’s the best time of year for wildflowers! We’ll be identifying our favourite types and collecting a select few for pressing.
Sculpture in the Bush
Ahead of our Wildflower, Art & Garden Festival on the weekend, we’ll be creating nature sculptures to enter into the Sustainable Sculpture Walk.
Naturalists love to make collections of the things they find. This week we’ll be mounting and labelling our own pressed flowers.
Fauna Care and Handling
We’ll be carrying out health checks on our captive reptiles and invertebrates, and learning how to handle, feed and look after them. Some lucky Junior Rangers may even be able to take home some fauna of their own to look after.
Gardening for the Planet
Wear your gardening gloves this week for a session in our organic garden where we’ll learn about growing our own food using sustainable techniques.
Our Feathered Friends
Bring your binoculars this week for some bird watching! Plus we’ll be learning about some quirky characters that call the Wildflower Garden home.
Choose your own adventure
Our Junior Ranger Cadets will be planning and running this week’s activities. Marshmallows may be involved.
- Junior Rangers Club is open to school-aged children from Kindergarten to Year 6. All participants must be within the age range for this activity.
- Bookings are essential for all sessions. Walk-up bookings are at the discretion of the ranger. If the session is full, no walk-up bookings will be accepted.
- Adults are welcome to accompany their children but this is not essential.
- Please collect your child(ren) promptly at the end of the activity. Rangers cannot be responsible for supervising children after the activity has finished.
- We do not refund if you decide to cancel your booking. Refunds will only apply if the Wildflower Garden needs to cancel the activity.
- Activities will go ahead in wet weather, so please dress appropriately. If extreme weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger and a refund given (pro rated for full term bookings).
- We reserve the right to change the content of the weekly program to accommodate changes as necessary.
- All activities at the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information on any of our programs, please contact the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353.