Junior Rangers Club is our fantastic after-school weekly activity for primary kids who love nature! Join our experienced rangers for active, hands-on sessions where you’ll learn all about the Wildflower Garden’s plants and animals, and pick up all sorts of essential skills for being a ranger.
Junior Rangers Club runs weekly on Thursdays 4pm - 5.30pm at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 4, 2019.
$112 per child for the 9-week term. Click here to book online.
A limited number of casual places are available each week, $14 per child. Please call the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353 to book in.
We love turtles! We’ll be getting to know the Wildflower Garden’s turtles and learning heaps of fascinating turtle trivia.
Do you like the colour blue? Someone does! To celebrate National Bird Week, we’ll be getting to know a quirky feathered friend and taking part in the Aussie Backyard Bird Count.
Tiny Game Hunting Part I
The weather’s warming up so we’re ready for some entomology in the field! We’ll be hunting for bugs the way scientists do it, using special collecting and trapping equipment.
Tiny Game Hunting Part II
We’ll head out to check the results from our pitfall traps, and learning what entomologists do with the insects they catch.
Waste Not, Want Not
It’s National Recycling Week, and we’ll be discovering some creative ways of reusing and upcycling our rubbish. Please bring a clean juice or soft drink bottle.
Get out of your comfort zone! We’ll cover the safety basics, then try our hands at bouldering and tree climbing out in the bush.
Off the Beaten Track
We’ll be heading deep into the bush to explore little-known tracks and trails. Please bring a drink and a snack in your backpack.
Wet and Wild
Think outside the square with some tricky bush challenges and trivia, and don’t forget to wear old clothes or board shorts for some wet and whacky fun!
Bush Tucker Christmas Party
It’s time to celebrate a fabulous year of Junior Rangers Club! We’ll be heading out to find and sample some bush foods, and then preparing a special Christmas feast to share. Please advise of any dietary requirements.
- Junior Rangers Club is open to school-aged children from Kindergarten to Year 6. All participants must be within the age range for this activity.
- Bookings are essential for all sessions. Walk-up bookings are at the discretion of the ranger. If the session is full, no walk-up bookings will be accepted.
- Adults are welcome to accompany their children but this is not essential.
- Please collect your child(ren) promptly at the end of the activity. Rangers cannot be responsible for supervising children after the activity has finished.
- We do not refund if you decide to cancel your booking. Refunds will only apply if the Wildflower Garden needs to cancel the activity.
- Activities will go ahead in wet weather, so please dress appropriately. If extreme weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger and a refund given (pro rated for full term bookings).
- We reserve the right to change the content of the weekly program to accommodate changes as necessary.
- All activities at the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information on any of our programs, please contact the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353.