Playtime in the bush!
Join our experienced rangers for fun mornings of play-based investigation and discovery. During each session we explore a different bush theme and incorporate storytelling, craft, creature encounters, stroller-friendly bushwalks and sometimes even gardening! Fairtrade tea and coffee is available for the grownups.
Toddlers and Tadpoles runs on Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-11:30am during term time at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 2, 2019.
Casual fees for Toddlers & Tadpoles are $13.50 child, $8.50 adult, with babes in arms free. Please pay the rangers on arrival by cash (exact change) or card (Visa or MasterCard) prior to the activity.
Full-term fees are $121.50 child, $76.50 adult (you get a free week) and must be booked online.
Click here to book for a full term of Wednesdays for Term 2
Click here to book for a full term of Thursdays for Term 2
Bluey the Bluetongue
1 and 2 May
Enjoy a close encounter with Bluey, our very own bluetongue lizard, and hear the Aboriginal Dreaming story of how he got his scales.
Aussie Animal Mums
8 and 9 May
It’s Mother’s Day this week! Discover the enchanting behaviours of some Aussie animal mums, and make a special gift for your own mum.
Teddy Bears Picnic
15 and 16 May
Bring your favourite teddy bear or special toy for a picnic in our favourite spot in the Wildflower Garden.
22 and 23 May
I swim in the water, live in a shell, and have a very long neck. Who am I? A turtle, of course!
Big Bad Banksia Men
29 and 30 May
Our lovely banksia flowers are in bloom. But, as we’ll find out, they’re not so mean and nasty after all!
The Gruffalo’s Child
5 and 6 June
Come for a walk in the deep dark wood and we’ll see if we can find the Big Bad Mouse.
Little Green Thumbs
12 and 13 June
It’s the perfect time of year to get into the veggie patch! Help us plant some winter crops and make our special recipe for Compost Tea Fertiliser.
Windy, wintry weather
19 and 20 June
The wind is blowing, the dandelions are floating – it’s time to fly a kite!
Burrugin the Echidna
26 and 27 June
At this time of year, the D’harawal people are watching for the echidnas walking through the bush. Beware of the prickles!
3 and 4 July
Snuggle down in a cosy tent, make some yummy damper, and listen to stories around the campfire.
- Unless otherwise stated, the meeting point for our activities is Caley's Pavilion at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden, 420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives. Please follow signs on arrival.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. One adult may supervise up to three children.
- All children attending must be within the age range for the activity. This excludes small babies which may accompany a parent free of charge.
- Most of our activities involve a bush walk on an unpaved track - wear appropriate walking shoes and bring a raincoat if wet!
- Most Wildflower Garden activities will go ahead in wet weather. If extreme weather conditions force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger.
- We do not refund if you cancel your booking. Refunds are only available if the Wildflower Garden cancels the activity.
- All activities within the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information contact the Wildflower Garden on 9424 0353 or email email@example.com.