Playtime in the bush!
Join our experienced rangers for fun mornings of play-based investigation and discovery.
During each session we explore a different bush theme and incorporate storytelling, craft, creature encounters, stroller-friendly bushwalks and sometimes even gardening!
Fairtrade tea and coffee is available for the grownups.
Toddlers and Tadpoles runs on Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-11.30am during term time at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 3, 2019.
Casual fees for Toddlers & Tadpoles are $14 child, $9 adult, with babes in arms free.
Please pay the rangers on arrival by cash (exact change) or card (Visa or MasterCard) prior to the activity.
Full-term fees are $126 child, $81 adult (you get a free week) and must be booked online.
Click here to book for a full term of Wednesdays for Term 3
Click here to book for a full term of Thursdays for Term 3
Bush Rhythms & Melodies
24 & 25 July
Join the bush chorus as we listen to nature’s rhythms and melodies – and make plenty of our own!
Tracks and Scats
31 July & 1 August
Stop! Who goes there? We can find out about bush creatures using only the clues they leave behind.
We’ll need some little Bush Detectives to help us!
The Snail and the Whale
7 & 8 August
We’ll get to know these fascinating slimy creatures, and enjoy Julia Donaldson’s charming picture book together.
14 & 15 August
It’s springtime and the wildflowers are blooming in the bush!
21 & 22 August
We’ll take inspiration from the beauty of nature to create works of art and sculpture together.
Boys in the Bush
28 & 29 August
Animal dads have very special jobs in the bush. We’ll meet some boy animals and find out what they’re good at.
Wattle it Be?
4 & 5 September
It’s wattle day! Wear your yellow and green as we celebrate Australia’s floral emblem.
Season of Ngoonungi
11 & 12 September
The flying foxes are gathering in the sky as the waratahs bloom. We’ll learn all about these fascinating creatures and why they’re so important.
18 & 19 September
Our animals need lots of care and attention to help them stay happy and healthy. We’ll learn how to feed, handle and care for our animal friends.
Little Bush Chefs
25 & 26 September
Today we’ll be testing our culinary skills and enjoying a picnic in a beautiful bushland setting.
- Unless otherwise stated, the meeting point for our activities is Caley's Pavilion at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden, 420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives. Please follow signs on arrival.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. One adult may supervise up to three children.
- All children attending must be within the age range for the activity. This excludes small babies which may accompany a parent free of charge.
- Most of our activities involve a bush walk on an unpaved track - wear appropriate walking shoes and bring a raincoat if wet!
- Most Wildflower Garden activities will go ahead in wet weather. If extreme weather conditions force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger.
- We do not refund if you cancel your booking. Refunds are only available if the Wildflower Garden cancels the activity.
- All activities within the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information contact the Wildflower Garden on 9424 0353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.