Sun shines on Wildflower Art and Garden Festival
Record crowds attended the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden’s annual Wildflower Art and Garden Festival on a glorious day on Sunday 25 August.
Attendees delighted in the huge variety of native plants on sale curated by the Australian Plant Society (North Shore Group), the on-stage entertainment provided by local community groups and the multitude of activities for kids including the Wildflower Garden’s own Wildlife Show. Food and market vendors were extremely busy and delighted at the attendance.
Next year’s Wildflower Art and Garden Festival will be held on Sunday 23 August.
Wildflower Sculpture Walk
A special event was the annual Sculpture Walk which had a record 47 entries.
Ku-ring-gai Council’s Mayor, Councillor Jennifer Anderson, welcomed all participants to the stage and presented prizes and certificates to the lucky winners.
- First prize of $3000 sponsored by the Environmental Levy in the Adult Category was awarded to Anna Mango and Tarja Martin with their sculpture ‘Dew Drops and Spider Webs’.
- Second prize of $1500 was awarded to Jenny Wiggins for ‘Eternal Herbarium’.
- Third prize of $500 was awarded to Sally Blackwell for ‘ReFUNgi ‘.
- Highly Commended certificates were awarded to Catie Sully for ‘Roo-Cycling’ and Morelle Reeves for ‘The Mad Hatter’s Bush Tea Party’.
A new Junior Category was introduced this year with prizes donated by Council’s Sustainability Department.
- First prize was awarded to Ruby Vassallo for ‘Possum Magic’.
- Second prize was awarded to Fraser Steffens for ‘Crocodile’.
- Third prize was awarded to Stepping Stones Montessori for ‘We Are All Artists’.
View photos of the winning sculptures here.
Instagram People’s Choice Awards
$100 for Most Popular to Catie Sully for 'Roo Cycling'
$100 for Most Creative to ChenYi Lin for his photo of Daniel Burkhardt's 'Question Marks'
The exhibition is now over but watch out for details of next year's Wildflower Art and Garden Festival to be held on 23 August.
For more information contact Les Currie, Team Leader Tourism & Visitation, on 9424 0354 or email@example.com.
For all media enquiries contact Council's Media Advisor Sally Williams on 9424 0982.