St Ives Showground is Ku-ring-gai's largest sports and recreation venue with equestrian and dog training rings, soccer field, BMX riding facilities, BBQs and picnic tables. It plays host to numerous events throughout the year, from community markets to dressage competitions, and is also the venue for the annual St Ives Show.
450 Mona Vale Road, St Ives - view map
- Main arena
- Events arena
- Dog off-leash area
- Dog training rings
- Equestrian arena and warm-up ring
- Community Workshop
- Mini-bike and radio car tracks
- Soccer field
- Model plane flying field
- Woodfire BBQ
- Picnic areas
- Car park
- Flood lighting
St Ives Showground is available for casual, permanent or seasonal hire.
St Ives Showground is situated on the edge of natural bushland, providing a refuge for wildlife, and forms part of the Duffys Forest endangered ecological community.
Camping is not allowed at the showground. Try Lane Cove River Tourist Park or search the National Parks website for campgrounds.
The site has been used as a showground since 1927, when the St Ives Show Society held their fifth annual show at what was then the Northern Suburbs Showground. It was used solely for the annual show and horse events until 1941 when the 18th Battalion, known as the Ku-ring-gai Regiment, occupied the site for the duration of World War II. The Showground today is marked by a few army buildings and a considerable number of concrete platforms and brick buttresses where wash houses, mess huts and the battalion headquarters once stood.