Junior Rangers Club is our fantastic after-school weekly activity for primary kids who love nature! Join our experienced rangers for active, hands-on sessions where you’ll learn all about the Wildflower Garden’s plants and animals, and pick up all sorts of essential skills for being a ranger.
Junior Rangers Club runs weekly on Thursdays 4pm - 5.30pm at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 4, 2018.
$108 per child for the nine-week term. Click here to book online.
A limited number of casual places are available each week, $13.50 per child. Please call the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353 to book in.
Get out of your comfort zone! We’ll cover the safety basics, then try our hands at bouldering and tree climbing out in the bush.
All about Arthropods
Spiders, insects and crustaceans are all part of this fascinating group of many-legged creatures. We’ll be meeting some arthropods up close and hunting for others out in the bush.
Join our “Roving Storybook” as we visit special places in the bush to hear our rangers’ favourite stories, tales and ballads. You can bring your own favourite story too.
Our Feathered Friends
How much do you know about our feathered friends? Get out your binoculars for a birdwatching trip through the Wildflower Garden, and learn loads of new bird facts.
My Sustainable Life
It’s National Recycling Week! We’ll be looking at ways we can live more sustainably by making good choices about our junk. Please bring a used, clean plastic bag (preferably coloured!) for a special junk-to-funk craft project.
We’ll be welcoming some of our Operations staff to show us all about the work they do to prepare our bushland areas for the season ahead.
This week we’ll be studying different habitats in the Wildflower Garden using scientific equipment to take measurements and make records.
Let’s Go Bush
Each term we take the opportunity to explore our more remote bush walk, the Mueller Track. This time we’ll be visiting Phantom Falls and Ku-ring-gai Creek. Please wear closed shoes and bring a water bottle and a snack.
Junior Rangers Christmas Party
Celebrate another fantastic year at Junior Rangers Club! We’ll be making Christmas decorations and choosing everyone’s favourite activities to finish off the term.
- Junior Rangers Club is open to school-aged children from Kindergarten to Year 6. All participants must be within the age range for this activity.
- Bookings are essential for all sessions. Walk-up bookings are at the discretion of the ranger. If the session is full, no walk-up bookings will be accepted.
- Adults are welcome to accompany their children but this is not essential.
- Please collect your child(ren) promptly at the end of the activity. Rangers cannot be responsible for supervising children after the activity has finished.
- We do not refund if you decide to cancel your booking. Refunds will only apply if the Wildflower Garden needs to cancel the activity.
- Activities will go ahead in wet weather, so please dress appropriately. If extreme weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger and a refund given (pro rated for full term bookings).
- We reserve the right to change the content of the weekly program to accommodate changes as necessary.
- All activities at the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information on any of our programs, please contact the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353.