Junior Rangers Club is our fantastic after-school weekly activity for primary kids who love nature! Join our experienced rangers for active, hands-on sessions where you’ll learn all about the Wildflower Garden’s plants and animals, and pick up all sorts of essential skills for being a ranger.
Junior Rangers Club runs weekly on Thursdays 4-5:30pm at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 4, 2017.
$117 per child for the ten-week term.
A limited number of casual places are available each week, $13 per child. Please call the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353 to book in.
Did you know the Wildflower Garden is home to some rare and endangered species of plants and animals? We’ll find out more about them and how we can help.
A hands-on opportunity for our Junior Rangers to learn about keeping reptiles and invertebrates as pets. Each participant (with permission) will be able to take home a tiny pet of their own.
Weird & Wonderful
The bush is full of quirky and surprising things. We’ll see plants that eat animals and plants that eat other plants…it’s a jungle out there!
In the Organic Garden
Wear your boots for some hard yakka in the veggie patch. We’ll be planting summer vegetables and learning the art of no-dig gardening.
Our Junior Rangers have made several attempts at trapping Sydney Spiny Crayfish in the past – this time we’re hoping for better success!
Waste Not, Want Not
It’s National Recycling Week, and we’ll be discovering some creative ways of reusing and upcycling our rubbish. Please bring a clean juice or soft drink bottle.
Deep into the Bush
Each term we take the opportunity to explore our more remote bush walk, the Mueller Track. This week we’ll be visiting Phantom Falls and Ku-ring-gai Creek. Please wear closed shoes and bring a water bottle and a snack.
We love turtles! We’ll be getting to know the Wildflower Garden’s turtles and learning heaps of fascinating turtle trivia.
Wet and Wild
Think outside the square with some tricky bush challenges, and don’t forget to wear old clothes or board shorts for some wet and whacky fun!
Bush Tucker Christmas Party
It’s time to celebrate a fabulous year of Junior Rangers Club! We’ll be heading out to find and sample some bush foods, and then preparing a special Christmas feast to share. Please advise of any dietary requirements.
- Junior Rangers Club is open to school-aged children from Kindergarten to Year 6. All participants must be within the age range for this activity.
- Bookings are essential for all sessions. Walk-up bookings are at the discretion of the ranger. If the session is full, no walk-up bookings will be accepted.
- Adults are welcome to accompany their children but this is not essential.
- Please collect your child(ren) promptly at the end of the activity. Rangers cannot be responsible for supervising children after the activity has finished.
- We do not refund if you decide to cancel your booking. Refunds will only apply if the Wildflower Garden needs to cancel the activity.
- Activities will go ahead in wet weather, so please dress appropriately. If extreme weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger and a refund given (pro rated for full term bookings).
- All activities at the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information on any of our programs, please contact the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353.