Junior Rangers Club is our fantastic after-school weekly activity for primary kids who love nature! Join our experienced rangers for active, hands-on sessions where you’ll learn all about the Wildflower Garden’s plants and animals, and pick up all sorts of essential skills for being a ranger.
Junior Rangers Club runs weekly on Thursdays 4pm - 5.30pm at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 2, 2018.
$117 per child for the ten-week term. Click here to book online.
A limited number of casual places are available each week, $13 per child. Please call the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353 to book in.
Fire is an integral part of Sydney’s bushland. The Tumbledown Dick Rural Fire Brigade will be here to teach us the science behind bushfires, and we might even have a go at putting out a real fire!
Scales & Tails
We love reptiles! This is a chance to get out and search for wild reptiles before they go to ground for the winter, and to meet and handle the Wildflower Garden’s captive reptile friends.
Fungi come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. We’ll be getting to know these strange and beautiful organisms and finding out what makes them so unique.
Cliffs & Crags
Our Hawkesbury Sandstone creates wonderful cliffs, caves and crevices to explore. Closed shoes required for this activity please, and a sense of adventure!
Our Feathered Friends
What makes birds special? Feathers, of course! We’ll meet some feathered friends up close and learn more about the birds that call the Wildflower Garden home.
Ever found a beautiful bug you wish you could keep? We’ll be learning about how to ethically collect and then preserve nature specimens for your own personal museum.
Would you know what to do if you found an injured native animal? We’ll learn some animal first aid, and also give our rangers a hand performing health checks on all our captive fauna.
Winter Solstice Fun
Join us for a fun evening with lantern-making and traditional festive games.
Creatures of the Dusk
We’ll venture deep into the bush to seek nocturnal creatures emerging in the dusk. If it’s a clear night, we’ll be hoping for a look at the full moon through our telescope. Please bring a small torch.
Campfire & Marshmallows
We’ll go through the safety basics before learning how to lay and light a fire, then toast some yummy marshmallows. Please advise of any dietary requirements for this session.
- Junior Rangers Club is open to school-aged children from Kindergarten to Year 6. All participants must be within the age range for this activity.
- Bookings are essential for all sessions. Walk-up bookings are at the discretion of the ranger. If the session is full, no walk-up bookings will be accepted.
- Adults are welcome to accompany their children but this is not essential.
- Please collect your child(ren) promptly at the end of the activity. Rangers cannot be responsible for supervising children after the activity has finished.
- We do not refund if you decide to cancel your booking. Refunds will only apply if the Wildflower Garden needs to cancel the activity.
- Activities will go ahead in wet weather, so please dress appropriately. If extreme weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger and a refund given (pro rated for full term bookings).
- All activities at the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information on any of our programs, please contact the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353.