Junior Rangers Club is our fantastic after-school weekly activity for primary kids who love nature! Join our experienced rangers for active, hands-on sessions where you’ll learn all about the Wildflower Garden’s plants and animals, and pick up all sorts of essential skills for being a ranger.
Junior Rangers Club runs weekly on Thursdays 4-5:30pm at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 3, 2017.
$117 per child for the ten-week term.
A limited number of casual places are available each week, $13 per child. Please call the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353 to book in.
Lots of Legs
How many legs do you have – only two? We’ll be meeting creatures that have six, eight or even forty legs!
Shrink down to the size of an ant as we explore the world of tiny things! We’ll be taking a Mini Hike and making slides to view things under a microscope.
Have you ever seen the flying foxes overhead at dusk? We’ll be learning about these noisy and intelligent creatures, and why they’re so important in the bush.
Wear your lab coat today for some real-life experiments! We’ll be making disgusting recipes and watching chemical reactions.
We’ll be enjoying our springtime wildflowers, making a flower press and learning the art of floristry.
Sculpture in the Bush
Ahead of our Wildflower, Art & Garden Festival on the weekend, we’ll be creating nature sculptures to enter into the Sustainable Sculpture Walk.
Bluetongue lizards are nature’s organic pest control. We’ll be finding out how to encourage them into our own backyards.
Frogs & Tadpoles
Could you identify a frog while it’s still a tadpole? We’ll be visiting different frog habitats to see who lives where.
Off the Beaten Track
Join our rangers to venture off the beaten track. We’ll be exploring hidden gullies, caves and waterfalls deep in the bush.
Fire isn’t always bad for the bush. Did you know that some of our wildflowers actually need fire to be able to grow? We’ll be investigating the effect of fire on our bushland, and using fire to treat seed pods (and maybe marshmallows).
- Junior Rangers Club is open to school-aged children from Kindergarten to Year 6. All participants must be within the age range for this activity.
- Bookings are essential for all sessions. Walk-up bookings are at the discretion of the ranger. If the session is full, no walk-up bookings will be accepted.
- Adults are welcome to accompany their children but this is not essential.
- Please collect your child(ren) promptly at the end of the activity. Rangers cannot be responsible for supervising children after the activity has finished.
- We do not refund if you decide to cancel your booking. Refunds will only apply if the Wildflower Garden needs to cancel the activity.
- Activities will go ahead in wet weather, so please dress appropriately. If extreme weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger and a refund given (pro rated for full term bookings).
- All activities at the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information on any of our programs, please contact the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353.