Junior Rangers Club is our fantastic after-school weekly activity for primary kids who love nature! Join our experienced rangers for active, hands-on sessions where you’ll learn all about the Wildflower Garden’s plants and animals, and pick up all sorts of essential skills for being a ranger.
Junior Rangers Club runs weekly on Thursdays 4pm - 5.30pm at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 3, 2018.
$121.50 per child for the ten-week term. Click here to book online.
A limited number of casual places are available each week, $13.50 per child. Please call the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353 to book in.
They can be hard to find, but we know they’re around! We’ll meet some of our favourite animals up close, then head out into the bush to learn about tracking and observing animals in the wild.
Brush up on your knotwork and learn how to use a map and compass, before we venture out to test our skills in navigation and trail-finding.
Many of our native plants are useful for healing wounds, curing sickness and soothing stings and bites. We’ll be learning all kinds of bush remedies, and trying some out!
Fluffy or Feral?
They may look cute and cuddly, but foxes, cats and rabbits can cause havoc amongst our native animals. We’ll have a special visit from Council’s Pest Species team to teach us about what can be done to control feral animals and protect native wildlife.
Sculpture in the Bush
Be inspired by the wild to create some beautiful nature craft. We’ll work together to make a bush sculpture for entry into the annual Wildflower, Art & Garden Festival’s Sculpture Walk.
We’ll be enjoying our springtime wildflowers by learning about botanical drawing and the art of floristry.
Junior Rangers in Charge
It’s choose-your-own adventure week! Our more experienced Junior Ranger Cadets will be preparing and delivering a special activity chosen by the group.
Hands up if you love bugs! We’ll meet some minibeasts and learn some amazing bug facts, before heading out to search for minibeasts in different kinds of habitats using scientific equipment.
Off the Beaten Track
Join our rangers to venture off the beaten track. We’ll be exploring hidden gullies, caves and waterfalls deep in the bush.
Our Junior Rangers love to celebrate the end of term with a campfire. This week we’ll be cooking a feast to share. Please advise us of any dietary requirements.
- Junior Rangers Club is open to school-aged children from Kindergarten to Year 6. All participants must be within the age range for this activity.
- Bookings are essential for all sessions. Walk-up bookings are at the discretion of the ranger. If the session is full, no walk-up bookings will be accepted.
- Adults are welcome to accompany their children but this is not essential.
- Please collect your child(ren) promptly at the end of the activity. Rangers cannot be responsible for supervising children after the activity has finished.
- We do not refund if you decide to cancel your booking. Refunds will only apply if the Wildflower Garden needs to cancel the activity.
- Activities will go ahead in wet weather, so please dress appropriately. If extreme weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger and a refund given (pro rated for full term bookings).
- All activities at the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information on any of our programs, please contact the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353.