Junior Rangers Club is our fantastic after-school weekly activity for primary kids who love nature! Join our experienced rangers for active, hands-on sessions where you’ll learn all about the Wildflower Garden’s plants and animals, and pick up all sorts of essential skills for being a ranger.
Junior Rangers Club runs weekly on Thursdays 4-5:30pm at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 1, 2018.
$130 per child for the eleven-week term.
A limited number of casual places are available each week, $13 per child. Please call the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353 to book in.
Knee Deep, Knee Deep
That’s what the frog said about the wetland he lived in! It’s World Wetland Day this week and we’ll be celebrating frogs and all things swampy.
Summer is a good time for spiders. We’ll be heading out into the bush to see what sorts of eight-legged creatures we can find.
The Big Bug Hunt
More than just butterfly nets! We’ll be using scientific equipment to trap and catch insects of all kinds.
Join us for an encounter with a special creature that inhabits the backyards of Sydney. We’ll be creating habitats to help attract native animals to our gardens at home.
Cleaning Up Australia
Rubbish can be a big problem in the bush. We’ll be lending a hand at our very own Clean Up Australia Day site here at the Wildflower Garden.
Many of our Junior Rangers, and our Rangers themselves, have special pets of their own. Bearded Dragons, guinea pigs, hermit crabs, tadpoles, stick insects? Today’s the chance to bring them in for everyone to meet!
(Small pets only – no dogs or cats please. Children must carry their pet in a suitable enclosure and be capable of handling it themselves.)
Off the Beaten Track
Join our rangers on an adventure off the beaten track. We’ll be exploring hidden gullies, caves and waterfalls deep in the bush.
Who’s Been Here?
Calling all Nature Detectives! This special session in tracking will sharpen your skills in observation as we study the clues that animals leave behind in the bush.
Easter Treasure Hunt
A special Easter Escapade through the Wildflower Garden with quizzes and challenges along the way.
Emergency in the Bush!
We all love being out in the bush, but would you know what to do if something goes wrong? This session will prepare you for emergencies where someone gets lost or injured out in the wild.
Fruits of the Harvest
We’ll be harvesting some of the produce from our organic garden, and enjoying an end-of-term barbecue hosted by the Junior Ranger Cadets featuring food we’ve grown ourselves.
- Junior Rangers Club is open to school-aged children from Kindergarten to Year 6. All participants must be within the age range for this activity.
- Bookings are essential for all sessions. Walk-up bookings are at the discretion of the ranger. If the session is full, no walk-up bookings will be accepted.
- Adults are welcome to accompany their children but this is not essential.
- Please collect your child(ren) promptly at the end of the activity. Rangers cannot be responsible for supervising children after the activity has finished.
- We do not refund if you decide to cancel your booking. Refunds will only apply if the Wildflower Garden needs to cancel the activity.
- Activities will go ahead in wet weather, so please dress appropriately. If extreme weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger and a refund given (pro rated for full term bookings).
- All activities at the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information on any of our programs, please contact the Visitor Centre on 9424 0353.