Playtime in the bush!
Join our experienced rangers for fun mornings of play-based investigation and discovery. During each session we explore a different bush theme and incorporate storytelling, craft, creature encounters, stroller-friendly bushwalks and sometimes even gardening! Fairtrade tea and coffee is available for the grownups.
Toddlers and Tadpoles runs on Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-11:30am during term time at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 3, 2018.
Bookings are essential for Toddlers & Tadpoles. You can book online here for individual sessions or the full term. If you book for the full term you get a free week.
Cost: $13.50 child, $8.50 adult, babes in arms free. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
25 July & 26 July
It’s cold outside! We’ll find out how the creatures at the Wildflower Garden escape the winter chill.
1 & 2 August
What’s not to love about leaves? They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, and have all sorts of uses – for plants and others too.
Bush Music Melodies
8 & 9 August
Today we’ll be making bush instruments and playing them together in our very own bush band.
15 & 16 August
It’s National Science Week! We’re going to be scientists for the day and perform some real experiments.
Little Green Fingers
22 & 23 August
Have you ever sown your own plants to eat? Get your green fingers ready for some work in our organic garden.
29 & 30 August
It’s Wattle Day this week! We’ll be learning loads of facts about wattles and their friends in the bush.
5 & 6 September
Our wetlands are home to a very special croaky creature. This Threatened Species Week, we’ll learn all about the Red-crowned Toadlet and meet some wetland friends.
12 & 13 September
Male Bowerbirds are very busy at this time of year! Join us to learn more about these fascinating creatures.
The Hungry Caterpillar
19 & 20 September
The Very Hungry Caterpillar sure loves a tasty treat! Come and see what the caterpillars are eating at the Wildflower Garden. Nom nom nom!
26 & 27 September
Find out what the bees are up to in the bush and get busy making your own beeswax craft.
- Unless otherwise stated, the meeting point for our activities is Caley's Pavilion at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden, 420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives. Please follow signs on arrival.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. One adult may supervise up to three children.
- All children attending must be within the age range for the activity. This excludes small babies which may accompany a parent free of charge.
- Most of our activities involve a bush walk on an unpaved track - wear appropriate walking shoes and bring a raincoat if wet!
- Most Wildflower Garden activities will go ahead in wet weather. If extreme weather conditions force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger.
- We do not refund if you cancel your booking. Refunds are only available if the Wildflower Garden cancels the activity.
- All activities within the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information contact the Wildflower Garden on 9424 0353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.