Playtime in the bush!
Join our experienced rangers for fun mornings of play-based investigation and discovery. During each session we explore a different bush theme and incorporate storytelling, craft, creature encounters, stroller-friendly bushwalks and sometimes even gardening! Fairtrade tea and coffee is available for the grownups.
Toddlers and Tadpoles runs on Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-11:30am during term time at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 3, 2017.
Bookings are essential for Toddlers & Tadpoles. You can book online here for individual sessions or the full term. If you book for the full term you get a free week.
Cost: $13 child, $8 adult, babes in arms free. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
(Please note there is no Thursday session on 20th July, due to a staff development day)
Winter may be a cold time for you and I, but it can be cold for wildlife too! Join us to meet some animals and discover how they handle the Winter chill.
Scents of the Bush
26 & 27 July
Bring along your eyes and ears and mouth and nose to find new ways to experience the Australian bush!
2 & 3 August
Have you ever seen an animal’s house? There are all sorts of houses to find in the bush. We'll also be making our own habitats to attract wildlife.
9 & 10 August
Everybody roar like a dinosaur! Bring your stompy feet on a trip into our “time machine” to imagine what the bush was like in prehistoric times.
16 & 17 August
Join us for a morning exploring the pond and meet the important creatures that call it home!
Little Bush Chefs
23 & 24 August
Today we will test our culinary skills and enjoy a picnic in a beautiful bushland setting.
Wattle it be?
30 & 31 August
It’s almost Wattle Day! Did you know wattles have some very special friends in the bush? You’ll never guess who they might be…
Spring in the Veggie Patch
6 & 7 September
It’s time to get planting in the veggie patch! Put on your gloves and let’s do some digging!
Bush Scavenger Hunt!
13 & 14 September
Bring your sharpest eyes for a treasure hunt with a difference!
Forest Fairies & Elves
20 & 21 September
The bush is alive with tiny, fairy-like creatures. Who are they? Discover how these little animals help keep the Wildflower Garden’s plants and animals happy and healthy.
- Unless otherwise stated, the meeting point for our activities is Caley's Pavilion at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden, 420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. One adult may supervise up to three children.
- All children attending must be within the age range for the activity. This excludes small babies which may accompany a parent free of charge.
- Most of our activities involve a bush walk on an unpaved track - wear appropriate walking shoes and bring a raincoat if wet!
- Most Wildflower Garden activities will go ahead in wet weather. If extreme weather conditions force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger.
- We do not refund if you cancel your booking. Refunds are only available if the Wildflower Garden cancels the activity.
- All activities within the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information contact the Wildflower Garden on 9424 0353 or email email@example.com.