Playtime in the bush!
Join our experienced rangers for fun mornings of play-based investigation and discovery. During each session we explore a different bush theme and incorporate storytelling, craft, creature encounters, stroller-friendly bushwalks and sometimes even gardening! Fairtrade tea and coffee is available for the grownups.
Toddlers and Tadpoles runs on Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-11:30am during term time at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 4, 2017.
Bookings are essential for Toddlers & Tadpoles. You can book online here for individual sessions or the full term. If you book for the full term you get a free week.
Cost: $13 child, $8 adult, babes in arms free. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
11 & 12 October
The Wildflower Garden’s turtles are active again after the winter. We’ll be searching for turtles and enjoying a close encounter with someone special.
Spring has Sprung!
18 & 19 October
Spring is all about flowers, ducklings and cleaning out the cobwebs! Join us for a morning to enjoy springtime in the bush.
25 & 26 October
Buzz, buzz, buzz – that’s what each one does! Let’s see what the bees are getting up to!
Ten Tiny Tadpoles
1 & 2 November
Some wriggly, giggly tadpoles are swimming in the pond. Can you count them all on your fingers?
Plants that Bite Back!
8 & 9 November
It’s usually plants getting eaten, not the other way round! We’ve got some special insect-eating plants to show you. Beware!
Waste Not, Want Not
15 & 16 November
It's National Recycling week! We will be repurposing some recyclable items, learning about reducing waste and meeting some of nature’s best recyclers!
Owls in the Dark
22 & 23 November
Can you see in the dark? Owls can! We’ll be learning about the Wildflower Garden’s resident species, the Powerful Owl.
All the Colours of the Rainbow
29 & 30 November
Oh no! A rainbow has fallen and shattered its colours all through the bush. We need help to collect all the colours to put it back together again!
Teddy Bears’ Picnic
6 & 7 December
Bring your favourite teddy bear or special toy for a picnic in our favourite spot in the Wildflower Garden.
An Australian Bush Christmas
13 & 14 December
The cicadas are calling, the reptiles are roaming – it’s Christmas time in the bush! We’ll be decorating wrapping paper and making special gifts to take home.
- Unless otherwise stated, the meeting point for our activities is Caley's Pavilion at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden, 420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. One adult may supervise up to three children.
- All children attending must be within the age range for the activity. This excludes small babies which may accompany a parent free of charge.
- Most of our activities involve a bush walk on an unpaved track - wear appropriate walking shoes and bring a raincoat if wet!
- Most Wildflower Garden activities will go ahead in wet weather. If extreme weather conditions force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger.
- We do not refund if you cancel your booking. Refunds are only available if the Wildflower Garden cancels the activity.
- All activities within the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information contact the Wildflower Garden on 9424 0353 or email email@example.com.