- The Art Centre practices a policy of no nuts or nut products. Please ensure food brought to the Centre does not contain nuts or nut products, as other children may be allergic.
- Let us know if your child has special needs/medication requirements.
- Children need to bring their own food and drink.
- Students with health issues, asthma, allergies requiring the use of an Epi-pen are required to provide a current Action Plan prior to the commencement of class. If your child turns up without an Epi Pen or with out of date medication, they cannot attend the class.
- An additional mobile or emergency contact number must be available.
- Please ensure your child dresses appropriately for the class by wearing a smock and shoes with covered heel and toes.
- There are no child-minding facilities at the Art Centre.
- Ku-ring-gai Art Centre accepts no responsibility for children before/after classes.
- Children must be collected promptly at the end of each class.
- Ku-ring-gai Art Centre accepts no children under the age of five years OR children who have not yet started school – we have the right to refuse enrolments that do not meet these criteria.
- Only students enrolled may attend courses.
- Children and babies are not permitted to attend adult classes and workshops.
- Parents/guardians are not permitted to stay in class/interact with children during class time, including any recreational breaks as per instructed by the tutor
- Fees are kept to a minimum and cover tuition, the use of equipment during classes and, where included, the cost of model fees and/or some basic materials.
- Mineral turpentine is not permitted at the Centre.
Does your child have allergies, Asthma or special needs?
To keep your child safe we need to know if your child has any allergic triggers, asthma or any other medical or behavioural requirements which may affect their participation in classes.
Click here to download a medical awareness form so you can inform the Art Centre of your child's needs.
Do you have any questions?
Contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 9424 0310. Our office hours are 8:30am - 5pm, Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays)
Do you have a Creative Kids voucher?
Ku-ring-gai Art Centre is not yet registered with Service NSW but our aim is to be registered in 2020.
Protocol for infectious diseases
In the case of a child feeling unwell, parents and/or guardians are asked to:
- Immediately pick up their sick child when contacted by Council staff.
- Take their children to the doctor for treatment and diagnosis.
- Inform Council staff as soon as possible if their child is diagnosed with any infectious disease.
- Keep sick children at home until they are well.