A helping hand for new migrants living in the Ku-ring-gai Local Government Area:
Community Migrant Resource Centre (CMRC) provides delivery of core settlement support for migrants (in various languages) in their first five years of life in Australia through one-to-one consultations.
Contact us at Ku-ring-gai Council
Thursdays: 9am -5pm
Fridays: 1pm to 4pm.
Address: 818 Pacific Highway, Gordon
Phone: 9687 9901
Community Migrant Resource Centre website
Who can use our services?
- Refugees, humanitarian migrants and immigrants.
- Arrived in Australia in the last five years.
- People who have special settlement needs.
How can we help?
- Assistance on a wide range of issues when settling into a new country.
- Referral and access to services.
- Educational workshops and employment pathways.
- Skills Development.
- Social activities and information networks.
- Australian culture and lifestyle information.
- Integration and participation in the wider community.
Love to dance?
Venue: Ku-ring-gai Center for Seniors next to Lindfield Library
Time: Every Fridays from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
Contact Details for Enrolment of English and Dancing Classes:
Phone: 9687 9901
Free interpreting service
We can arrange an interpreter from the Translating and Interpreting Service to provide free interpreting services. Call us on 9847 6721 (Monday to Wednesday) or 9424 0978 (Thursday to Friday) for more information.
- Lifeline is a telephone counselling service that provides advice if you are experiencing a crisis in your life. Call 13 11 14.
Emergency contact number
- Dial '000' in an emergency when one needs police, fire or ambulance services.
Immigration and citizenship
Money and finances
- MoneySmart provides information in a variety of languages about financial issues.
- Search for English and other employment and vocational courses at Hornsby TAFE.