Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Youth Network (HKYN) is made up of youth and community services that work with and provide services to young people in the Hornsby and/or Ku-ring-gai local government areas.
The purpose of this network is to:
- provide opportunities to develop partnerships;
- share information and resources;
- support professional development;
- encourage the improvement of service provision, networking, cooperation, coordination and integration of youth projects;
- provide programs that respond to the needs and interests of young people;
- provide advocacy with or on behalf of young people.
HKYN members will:
- meet on a monthly basis to share information and to identify issues affecting young people, their families and service providers;
- encourage local agencies or authorities to address issues of concern facing young people and their families;
- develop programs and partnerships and advocacy/lobbying tools to respond to young people’s needs;
- work in collaboration, if need arises to attract funding or to respond to the needs of young people;
- identify service gaps, maximise resource sharing and minimise service duplication.
HKYN has a broad representation of service providers which include:
- Government – Councils, Police, Health, Education and Community, Juvenile Justice and Family and Community Services.
- Non-government – migrant and youth services.
- Faith based services – Christian church groups non-Christian groups, organisations and youth related services.
More information and how to join
If you would like further information or to join HKYN please email Cherise Ricciardo at email@example.com or call 02 9424 0837.