Each year, locals flock to Bicentennial Park in West Pymble for Council's annual Australia Day celebration.
Taking place on 26 January at the new time 5pm - 9pm, the event celebrates Australia's heritage, history, and culture.
The day is also marked by handing out the Local Citizen of the Year Awards to unsung heroes of the community.
Australia Day 2020
Sunday 26 January, 5pm - 9pm
Bicentennial Park, Prince of Wales Drive, West Pymble
Stage show featuring an Indigenous smoking ceremony and dance, bush band and a Aussie rock finale The Great Southern Land.
Other activities include face painting, Shaun the Sheep & Bitzer meet and greets, inflatable rides, Australiana children's craft, lamington decorating and roaming performers.
View the Australia Day program here (pdf. 3MB)
Food and drinks
The following food and beverage stalls will be available at the event:
- Lions Club of St Ives - sausage sizzle, bacon and egg rolls and cold drinks.
- Turkish Gozleme Catering - Turkish gozleme.
- Chips On a Stick Sydney - chips on a stick, corn cups and cold drinks.
- Yummy Time Dumpling - dumplings and cold drinks.
- Natural Pancake Co - mini Dutch pancakes.
- Bar Coco - hot and cold beverages, ice cream and gelato.
Catch the FREE shuttle bus between Gordon Station and Bicentennial Park. View the shuttle bus timetable (pdf. 744KB).
Limited parking is available; residents are encouraged to take advantage of the free shuttle bus.
Accessibility and inclusion
Accessible toilet and wheelchair access will be available.
Noise cancelling headphones will be available at the Council information tent.
First aid services will be provided at the event by St John Ambulance.