Playtime in the bush!
Join our experienced rangers for fun mornings of play-based investigation and discovery. During each session we explore a different bush theme and incorporate storytelling, craft, creature encounters, stroller-friendly bushwalks and sometimes even gardening! Fairtrade tea and coffee is available for the grownups.
Toddlers and Tadpoles runs on Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-11:30am during term time at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 2, 2018.
Bookings are essential for Toddlers & Tadpoles. You can book online here for individual sessions or the full term. If you book for the full term you get a free week.
Cost: $13 child, $8 adult, babes in arms free. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
2 & 3 May
The animals are gathering for an almighty feast! Bring your little animal along to meet some heroes from the story, then we’ll make a gooey, brewy, yummy, chewy stew for ourselves!
Big Bad Banksia Men?
9 & 10 May
It’s autumn at the Wildflower Garden and all our lovely banksia flowers are coming out. But, as we’ll find out, they’re not so mean and nasty after all!
16 & 17 May
Worms are amazing creatures! Join us in our organic veggie garden to dig in the soil, meet some worms, and enjoy a fun story.
23 & 24 May
I swim in the water, live in a shell, and have a very long neck. Who am I? A turtle, of course!
30 & 31 May
Snuggle down in a cosy tent, make some yummy damper, and listen to stories around the “campfire”.
6 & 7 June
Meet something green that lives in cool, shady places, and take home your own Mossy Monster to care for.
Feathers, Fur or Fins
13 & 14 June
We like to wear clothes to keep us warm and dry, but animals have other things instead! Today we’ll meet some creatures with interesting “clothes” of their own!
20 & 21 June
Celebrate the shortest day of the year with face painting, lanterns and other festive surprises.
Burrugin the Echidna
27 & 28 June
At this time of year, the D’harawal people are watching for the echidnas walking through the bush. Beware of the prickles!
The Big Bush Treasure Hunt
4 & 5 July
In the bush, you’ll find all sorts of clues if you take the time to notice them. Train your observation skills with our skilled rangers as they lead you on a treasure hunt with a difference!
- Unless otherwise stated, the meeting point for our activities is Caley's Pavilion at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden, 420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives. Please follow signs on arrival.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. One adult may supervise up to three children.
- All children attending must be within the age range for the activity. This excludes small babies which may accompany a parent free of charge.
- Most of our activities involve a bush walk on an unpaved track - wear appropriate walking shoes and bring a raincoat if wet!
- Most Wildflower Garden activities will go ahead in wet weather. If extreme weather conditions force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger.
- We do not refund if you cancel your booking. Refunds are only available if the Wildflower Garden cancels the activity.
- All activities within the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information contact the Wildflower Garden on 9424 0353 or email email@example.com.