Playtime in the bush!
Join our experienced rangers for fun mornings of play-based investigation and discovery. During each session we explore a different bush theme and incorporate storytelling, craft, creature encounters, stroller-friendly bushwalks and sometimes even gardening! Fairtrade tea and coffee is available for the grownups.
Toddlers and Tadpoles runs on Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-11:30am during term time at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 1, 2019.
Bookings are essential for Toddlers & Tadpoles. You can book online here for individual sessions or the full term. If you book for the full term you get a free week.
Cost: $13.50 child, $8.50 adult, babes in arms free. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
30 & 31 January
Join us for a stroll through the deep dark wood – who knows what we might meet?
Leaf Litter Critters
6 & 7 February
It’s time for a bug hunt. There is so much life in the leaf litter – let’s see what we can find!
13 & 14 February
Frogs are fascinating creatures! We’ll be exploring our frog-friendly garden and meeting some froggy friends.
The Little Seed
20 & 21 February
Plants are cleverer than you might think. We’ll learn about all the ways plants move their seeds around without taking a single step!
27 & 28 February
Bats spend a lot of their day hanging upside down – what a topsy-turvy life! Come along to learn heaps of batty facts!
We’re Going on a Bear Hunt!
6 & 7 March
Follow our rangers as we wade through the grass, splash through the river and squelch through the mud. We’re going to catch a big one!
13 & 14 March
Bring your stompy feet for a roaring adventure into prehistoric times!
All the colours of the rainbow
20 & 21 March
Oh no! A rainbow has fallen and shattered its colours through the bush. We need to collect all the colours to put it back together again!
27 & 28 March
Our rangers have lots to do when it comes to looking after our wildlife. Is your Mini Ranger ready to join in?
Old Macdonald’s Farm
3 & 4 April
E-I-E-I-O! Bring your boots for some digging in the veggie patch, and meet some farm animals too!
The Easter Bilby
10 & 11 April
A time to celebrate these gentle, shy creatures that inhabit the Australian bush. Come on an Easter Hunt of a different kind!
- Unless otherwise stated, the meeting point for our activities is Caley's Pavilion at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden, 420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives. Please follow signs on arrival.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. One adult may supervise up to three children.
- All children attending must be within the age range for the activity. This excludes small babies which may accompany a parent free of charge.
- Most of our activities involve a bush walk on an unpaved track - wear appropriate walking shoes and bring a raincoat if wet!
- Most Wildflower Garden activities will go ahead in wet weather. If extreme weather conditions force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger.
- We do not refund if you cancel your booking. Refunds are only available if the Wildflower Garden cancels the activity.
- All activities within the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information contact the Wildflower Garden on 9424 0353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.