Playtime in the bush!
Join our experienced rangers for fun mornings of play-based investigation and discovery. During each session we explore a different bush theme and incorporate storytelling, craft, creature encounters, stroller-friendly bushwalks and sometimes even gardening! Fairtrade tea and coffee is available for the grownups.
Toddlers and Tadpoles runs on Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-11:30am during term time at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 1, 2018.
Bookings are essential for Toddlers & Tadpoles. You can book online here for individual sessions or the full term. If you book for the full term you get a free week.
Cost: $13 child, $8 adult, babes in arms free. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
31 Jan & 1 Feb
Frogs are amazing creatures! We’ll be exploring our frog-friendly garden and meeting some froggy friends.
7 & 8 Feb
Bring your stompy feet for a roaring adventure into prehistoric times!
Nature Detectives I: Footprints and more
14 & 15 Feb
There are animal clues all around us if we know what to look for. We’ll be finding all sorts of tracks and traces that reveal the secrets of the bush.
The Secret Life of Seeds
21 & 22 Feb
Plants are cleverer than you might think! We’ll learn about all the ways plants move their seeds around without taking a single step!
Nature Detectives II: Whose Poo?
28 Feb & 1 March
It can be stinky, but poo is a good way of finding out who’s been going where in the bush!
Old Macdonald’s Farm
7 & 8 March
E-I-E-I-O! Bring your boots for some digging in the veggie patch, and meet the animals in our very own mini petting zoo!
Bluey the Bluetongue
14 & 15 March
Sometimes we see bluetongue lizards in our backyards. Today we’ll be having a close encounter with Bluey, our very own bluetongue.
Incy Wincy Wonders
21 & 22 March
Autumn is a great time to find spiders! Meet some eight-legged friends and find out why we love them.
The Easter Bilby
28 & 29 March
A time to celebrate these gentle, shy creatures that inhabit the Australian bush. Come on an Easter Hunt of a different kind!
4 & 5 April
Our rangers have lots to do when it comes to looking after the Wildflower Garden. Is your Mini Ranger ready to join in?
Snugglepot and Cuddlepie
11 & 12 April
Bring your Gumnut Baby or Ragged Blossom to join us on a special adventure inspired by the charming books of May Gibbs.
- Unless otherwise stated, the meeting point for our activities is Caley's Pavilion at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden, 420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. One adult may supervise up to three children.
- All children attending must be within the age range for the activity. This excludes small babies which may accompany a parent free of charge.
- Most of our activities involve a bush walk on an unpaved track - wear appropriate walking shoes and bring a raincoat if wet!
- Most Wildflower Garden activities will go ahead in wet weather. If extreme weather conditions force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger.
- We do not refund if you cancel your booking. Refunds are only available if the Wildflower Garden cancels the activity.
- All activities within the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information contact the Wildflower Garden on 9424 0353 or email email@example.com.