Playtime in the bush!
Join our experienced rangers for fun mornings of play-based investigation and discovery.
During each session we explore a different bush theme and incorporate storytelling, craft, creature encounters, stroller-friendly bushwalks and sometimes even gardening!
Fairtrade tea and coffee is available for the grownups.
Toddlers and Tadpoles runs on Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-11.30am during term time at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 1, 2020.
Casual fees for Toddlers & Tadpoles are $14 child, $9 adult, with babes in arms free.
Please pay the rangers on arrival by cash (exact change) or card (Visa or MasterCard) prior to the activity.
Full-term fees are $140 child, $90 adult (you get a free week) and must be booked online.
Click here to book for a full term of Wednesdays for Term 1 (11 weeks)
Click here to book for a full term of Thursdays for Term 1 (11 weeks)
Thelma the Unicorn
29 and 30 January
It’s all about unicorns and rainbows in the bush today. Be sure to wear your sparkliest gear and be prepared for some magic!
Leaf Litter Critters
5 and 6 February
It’s time for a bug hunt! Let’s see what creatures we can find amongst the leaf litter.
Stomping with Dinosaurs
12 and 13 February
Everybody roar like a dinosaur! Bring your stompy feet on a trip into our “time machine” to imagine what the bush was like in prehistoric times.
The Little Seed
19 and 20 February
Plants are cleverer than you might think. We’ll learn about all the ways plants move their seeds around without taking a single step!
Daytime and Night time
26 and 27 February
While we’re asleep in bed, other creatures are coming out to play. What nocturnal creatures do you know?
4 and 5 March
Calling all mini rangers! We need help with lots of important jobs, caring for our fauna and celebrating World Wildlife Day.
Grug and the Grass Tree
11 and 12 March
Everyone loves Grug! We’ll be reading stories about this special character from Australian literature, and learning all about the grass trees he came from.
World Water Day
18 and 19 March
We’ll have some wet and watery fun, and learn lots of ways to save this precious resource.
At Home Among the Gum Trees
25 and 26 March
Who lives at home among the gum trees? Australia’s iconic trees are important homes for more than just koalas!
Old Macdonald’s Farm
1 and 2 April
E-I-E-I-O! Bring your boots for some digging in the veggie patch, and meet some farm animals too!
The Easter Bilby
8 and 9 April
A time to celebrate these gentle, shy creatures that inhabit the Australian bush. Come on an Easter Hunt of a different kind!
- Unless otherwise stated, the meeting point for our activities is Caley's Pavilion at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden, 420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives. Please follow signs on arrival.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. One adult may supervise up to three children.
- All children attending must be within the age range for the activity. This excludes small babies which may accompany a parent free of charge.
- Most of our activities involve a bush walk on an unpaved track - wear appropriate walking shoes and bring a raincoat if wet!
- Most Wildflower Garden activities will go ahead in wet weather. If extreme weather conditions force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger.
- We do not refund if you cancel your booking. Refunds are only available if the Wildflower Garden cancels the activity.
- All activities within the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information contact the Wildflower Garden on 9424 0353 or email email@example.com.