Playtime in the bush!
Join our experienced rangers for fun mornings of play-based investigation and discovery. During each session we explore a different bush theme and incorporate storytelling, craft, creature encounters, stroller-friendly bushwalks and sometimes even gardening! Fairtrade tea and coffee is available for the grownups.
Toddlers and Tadpoles runs on Wednesdays and Thursdays 10am-11:30am during term time at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden.
Bookings are now open for Term 4, 2018.
Bookings are essential for Toddlers & Tadpoles. You can book online here for individual sessions or the full term. If you book for the full term you get a free week.
Cost: $13.50 child, $8.50 adult, babes in arms free. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
17 & 18 October
Super strength, lightning speed and quick hearing are just some of the superpowers the animals have in the Wildflower Garden!
Spring at the Pond 24 & 25 Oct There’s lots to explore in the pond at this time of year. Let’s get the dipnets out and see what we can find!
Time of the Eel
31 October & 1 November
At this time of year, local aboriginal children would look for the Parra'dowee (short-finned eels) making their way down the creeks to the coast.
Daytime and Night time
7 & 8 November
We sleep at night, but not all animals do! Find out what’s happening in the bush while you’re snuggled up in bed.
14 & 15 November
Let’s get involved in Recycling Week! We’ll be reusing things we’d usually throw away by making a Box Robot or a pot plant!
Slugs, Snails and Slimy Things
21 & 22 November
Toddlerhood is all about finding slimy things – today we’ll be doing just that!
28 & 29 November
What would you do if you saw an injured bird or turtle stuck in a ditch? Learn how to be an Animal Rescuer with the rangers at the Wildflower Garden.
5 & 6 December
“Stick Man lives in the family tree with his Stick Lady Love and their stick children three”. Come and meet our Stick Family and join us for a Christmas Feast!
Christmas in the Bush
12 & 13 December
The cicadas are calling, the reptiles are roaming – it’s Christmas time in the bush! We’ll be decorating wrapping paper and making special gifts to take home.
- Unless otherwise stated, the meeting point for our activities is Caley's Pavilion at the Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden, 420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives. Please follow signs on arrival.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. One adult may supervise up to three children.
- All children attending must be within the age range for the activity. This excludes small babies which may accompany a parent free of charge.
- Most of our activities involve a bush walk on an unpaved track - wear appropriate walking shoes and bring a raincoat if wet!
- Most Wildflower Garden activities will go ahead in wet weather. If extreme weather conditions force the cancellation of the activity, participants will be notified by the ranger.
- We do not refund if you cancel your booking. Refunds are only available if the Wildflower Garden cancels the activity.
- All activities within the Wildflower Garden have been risk assessed.
For more information contact the Wildflower Garden on 9424 0353 or email email@example.com.