Priority of Access
Our booking priorities have been simplified into two categories to ensure consideration of priority of access to our service. Please take note of which category your family falls into and submit your completed forms according to the dates on the program booklet. No bookings will be accepted for incorrectly marked categories.
Category 1: Families with both parents/guardians working/studying/training
Within this category, priority will be given to:
- A child at risk of serious abuse or neglect
- A child of a single parent who satisfies, or parents who both satisfy, the work/training/study test under section 14 of the Family Assistance Act - where vacancies are available.
Category 2: Families with one or more parents/guardians who are not working/studying/training
Within these main categories priority should also be given to the following children, were vacancies are available:
- Children in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families
- Children in families which include a disabled person
- Children in families from a non-English speaking background
- Children in socially isolated families
- Children of single parents.
Our service is approved to provide the following number of vacation care places in school holidays:
Child Care Benefit
Child Care Benefit (CCB) helps families pay for approved and registered child care.
For some families, the CCB significantly reduces the cost of care. The amount deductible from your child care fees depends on your family's income.
You can claim CCB by completing and lodging a claim form at any Family Assistance Office (FAO), located at Centrelink Customer Service Centres and Medicare Australia outlets, or by using the online services.
There are two ways you can receive your CCB:
- All of your CCB as reduced fees - your CCB will be paid directly to Ku-ring-gai Council Vacation Care. We'll then pass the savings on to you in the form of fee reductions. You will have to pay any gaps in outstanding fees.
- Lump sum - you will pay full Ku-ring-gai Council Vacation Care fees. At the end of the financial year, you can make a claim for CCB as a lump sum in your tax return.
For more information on CCB visit the Family Assistance Office website or phone 13 61 50.
Child Care Rebate
The Child Care Rebate (CCR) covers 50% of out-of-pocket expenses for approved and registered child care up to $7,500 per year per child.
To be eligible for CCR, you must pass the work, training, study test during the week Ku-ring-gai Council Vacation Care was provided.
CCR is based on how often your child attends care.
There are several ways you can receive your CCR:
- Paid directly to Ku-ring-gai Council Vacation Care - we'll then pass the savings on to you in the form of fee reductions. You will have to pay any gaps in outstanding fees.
- Paid directly to you - your CCR will be credited to your bank account each time we lodge child care attendance details with the FAO Quarterly payments - your CCR will be credited to your nominated bank account quarterly
- Annual payments - your CCR will be paid directly to your nominated bank account as a lump sum at the end of the financial year, once you and your partner have lodged tax returns.
For more information on CCR visit the Family Assistance Office website or phone 13 61 50.