Share the excitement and love of reading with your child and join us as we read stories, finger play, rhyme, sing and play music.
Story times for children aged 0 - 6 years are presented every week during school term.
Children are encouraged to develop confidence and self-esteem by interacting with other children and actively participating in program activities.
No need to register, just come and join in on the fun!
Rock a bye
This introduction to early literacy encourages interaction between adult and child through activities including board books, rhymes and songs.
25-minute program is suitable for babies aged 0-18 months.
- Tuesdays at 11.15am - Lindfield Library
- Thursdays at 11.15am - Turramurra Library
- Fridays at 11.15am - Gordon Library
Rock 'n' Rhyme
This session includes short stories, action rhymes and songs.
30-minute program suitable for toddlers aged 18-36 months.
- Tuesdays at 10.15am - Lindfield Library
- Thursdays at 10.15am - Turramurra Library
- Fridays at 10.15am - Gordon Library
Rock 'n' Tales
It includes stories, songs and may include simple craft activities.
45-minute program suitable for children aged 3-5 years. Younger children are also welcome to attend.
- Wednesdays at 10.30am - Turramurra Library and St Ives Library
- Thursdays at 10.30am - Gordon Library and Lindfield Library
- Introduce your child to the library before attending a story time session
- Arrive on time
- Switch off your mobile or turn it on silent
- Keep conversation to a minimum during story time
- If your child becomes upset or disruptive during story time, take them outside for a moment. Come back when you're both ready.
- Never leave your child unattended
- Have fun!
For further information contact Ku-ring-gai Libraries Children's Services on 9424 0116 / 9424 0109 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.