Ku-ring-gai Council Meetings
Ku-ring-gai Council recently introduced key changes on how it conducts Council Meetings. These changes were required by the NSW Government and are outlined in detail in the Council's new Code of Meeting Practice which was adopted by Council in June 2019.
View Code of Meeting Practice (pdf. 317KB)
The main changes are:
- From July 2019, Ku-ring-gai Council commenced meeting monthly on Tuesdays from 7pm.
- Also from July, a monthly Public Forum was introduced. The forum gives the public the opportunity to speak on Council Meeting agenda items, or any other matters in the public interest.
- Agendas for the monthly Council Meetings are publicly available from the Wednesday preceding the Public Forum.
View Business Papers and agendas.
- Public Forums take place from 7pm on the Tuesday preceding the monthly Council Meeting. To speak at a Public Forum, you must pre-register by 5pm the day before. Register to speak at a Public Forum here.
- Monthly Council Meetings will remain open to the public, without the option to speak. The Public Forum has replaced speakers at Council Meetings, consistent with the new Model Code of Meeting Practice introduced by the NSW Office of Local Government.
Council Meetings and Public Forums are held in the Council Chambers, Level 3, 818 Pacific Highway, Gordon.
Parking is available behind Council Chambers off Dumaresq Street.
If you have any particular access needs and would like to attend a Council Meeting or Public Forum, please contact Council's Manager Governance and Corporate Strategy for assistance by email at email@example.com or by phone (02) 9424 0600.
Council Meeting dates
Ordinary Meetings of Council are scheduled for the following dates at 7pm:
2020 Council Meeting dates
- Tuesday 28 April
- Tuesday 19 May
- Tuesday 30 June
- Tuesday 28 July
- Tuesday 25 August
- Tuesday 22 September
- Tuesday 20 October
- Tuesday 17 November
- Tuesday 8 December
Monthly Council Meetings are now streamed live here on our website.
View the live stream here
Public Forum dates
Public Forums are scheduled for the following dates at 7pm:
2020 Public Forum dates
- Tuesday 21 April
- Tuesday 12 May
- Tuesday 23 June
- Tuesday 21 July
- Tuesday 18 August
- Tuesday 13 October
- Tuesday 10 November
- Tuesday 1 December
Register to speak at a Public Forum
Public who wish to speak will be required to register by 5pm the day before the Public Forum.
Online registration form
Important changes to Council meetings from Tuesday 17 March
Due to the current situation regarding Covid-19 (Coronavirus) the Council is making some immediate changes to its meetings. The next Council meeting is due to be held from 7pm on Tuesday 17 March in the Council Chambers, Level 3 818 Pacific Highway Gordon.
It is highly recommended that the public watch the Council meeting through the live stream on our website. Access the link here.
Meetings will remain open to the public with the following conditions:
- If members of the public attend the meeting in person, public gallery seats will be spaced at least 1.5m apart
- Councillors will be seated 1.5m apart. This will mean that not all Councillors will be able to be seated together, but will be seated close by. When speaking these Councillors will use a lectern to address the Council
- Council staff will also sit 1.5m apart. Some may be seated in the gallery and also use the lectern when speaking
These arrangements will continue until further notice. For all enquiries please contact the Manager Governance & Corporate Strategy on 9424 0000.
Minutes and agendas
Find out what decisions were made at our Council Meetings and Public Forum:
View current agendas, minutes and reports - (Business Papers) - 2011 to present
View archived agendas, minutes and reports (business papers) - 2004-2010
Summary of Council decisions and outcomes