Recent changes to Ku-ring-gai Council Meetings
Ku-ring-gai Council recently introduced key changes on how it conducts Council Meetings. These changes were required by the NSW Government and are outlined in detail in the Council's new Code of Meeting Practice which was adopted by Council in June 2019.
View Code of Meeting Practice (pdf. 317KB)
The main changes are:
- From July 2019, Ku-ring-gai Council commenced meeting monthly on Tuesdays from 7pm.
- Also from July, a monthly Public Forum was introduced. The forum gives the public the opportunity to speak on Council Meeting agenda items, or any other matters in the public interest.
- Agendas for the monthly Council Meetings are publicly available from the Wednesday preceding the Public Forum.
View Business Papers and agendas.
- Remaining Public Forum dates for 2019 are listed below.
- Public Forums take place from 7pm on the Tuesday preceding the monthly Council Meeting. To speak at a Public Forum, you must pre-register by 5pm the day before. Register to speak at a Public Forum here.
- Monthly Council Meetings will remain open to the public, without the option to speak. The Public Forum has replaced speakers at Council Meetings, consistent with the new Model Code of Meeting Practice introduced by the NSW Office of Local Government.
Council Meetings and Public Forums are held in the Council Chambers, Level 3, 818 Pacific Highway, Gordon.
Parking is available behind Council Chambers off Dumaresq Street.
If you have any particular access needs and would like to attend a Council Meeting or Public Forum, please contact Council's Manager Governance and Corporate Strategy for assistance by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (02) 9424 0600.
Council Meeting dates
Ordinary Meetings of Council are scheduled for the following dates at 7pm:
- Tuesday 22 October
- Tuesday 19 November
- Tuesday 10 December
Monthly Council Meetings are now streamed live here on our website.
View the live stream here
Public Forum dates
Public Forums are scheduled for the following dates at 7pm:
Register to speak at a Public Forum
Public who wish to speak will be required to register by 5pm the day before the Public Forum.
Online registration form
Minutes and agendas
Find out what decisions were made at our Council Meetings and Public Forum:
View current agendas, minutes and reports - (Business Papers) - 2011 to present
View archived agendas, minutes and reports (business papers) - 2004-2010
Summary of Council decisions and outcomes