The extra sessions on the draft Local Strategic Planning Statement have been scheduled for early August at Ku-ring-gai libraries.
Residents and business owners wanting to know more about the Local Strategic Planning Statement and ask questions about it can see a planner at local libraries in St Ives, Gordon, Lindfield and Turramurra.
The draft Ku-ring-gai Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS) has been prepared as part of a wider strategic review by the NSW Government of planning across the greater Sydney region.
The draft LSPS draws together the priorities and actions from Council’s existing land use plans and policies to present an overall vision for land use until 2036.
Topics covered in the draft LSPS are:
- The location of future housing in Ku-ring-gai.
- The future identity and character of local centres in Lindfield, Gordon, Turramurra and St Ives.
- Requirements for community facilities and open space.
- Future transport needs.
- Support for the local economy.
- Partnership opportunities with government agencies.
- Managing bushland, biodiversity and waterways.
- Adapting to climate change.
Click here to provide written feedback on the draft LSPS until 12 August.
No bookings are required for the drop in sessions which are at:
- St Ives – 4pm-5pm - Monday 5 August
- Gordon – 6pm-7pm - Tuesday 6 August
- Lindfield – 4pm-5pm - Wednesday 7 August
- Turramurra – 4pm-5pm - Thursday 8 August
Media enquiries: Sally Williams, Ku-ring-gai Council Ph: 9424 0982 or email@example.com