Ku-ring-gai Council is joining the Solar My School program to help local primary and secondary schools install energy-saving solar panels.
The Council is partnering with the award-winning program to help Ku-ring-gai’s schools make the leap into renewable energy.
Originating in Sydney’s eastern suburbs, Solar my School is a free program helping schools install solar power and access the financial, educational and environmental benefits of clean energy. Joint founding councils of the initiative include Randwick, Waverley and Woollahra.
Schools joining the program get free access to:
- Independent assessments to recommend the best size and location for solar panels
- An estimate of system costs and bill savings
- Financial advice and help with grant funding to pay for the system
- Tender and contractual documentation to help select a supplier and facilitate installation
- Tailored presentations to school boards
- Curriculum-linked educational resources.
According to Mayor Jennifer Anderson, ‘Solar My School is an ideal resource for those schools that want solar power on their roof but don’t know where to start’.
“Schools in Ku-ring-gai can now join over 90 others across Sydney already generating their own clean low-cost energy”.
Register for Solar My School here
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9424 0172.
Media enquiries: Sally Williams 9424 0982 or email@example.com