The Development and Regulation department is responsible for development assessment and compliance/regulation services. Its major functions include:
- development and heritage assessment
- building certificates
- fire safety inspections and certificates
- investigation of illegal or unauthorised works
- investigation of environmental pollution
- area ranger services, e.g. abandoned vehicles, off-leash dog areas, littering and illegal dumping
- parking ranger service
- pet registration
Director Development and Regulation: Michael Miocic
Michael holds a degree in town planning and has over 20 years experience in development assessment, regulatory services, strategic planning and planning and environmental law.
Michael joined Ku-ring-gai Council in 2003 from Woollahra Council, where he had held the position of Manager Development Control since 1996. Michael has also previously worked as a town planner with City of Sydney and in the private sector as a planning consultant.